[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF! Any fun plans?

TGIF! Any fun plans?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

TGIF! Any fun plans?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:55 am

Well another week in the books. Been a long one as my 1:1 job has increased and my time for play reduced.

But still carving away on the Giant Midget project as well as my Build Off Ford in 1/32.

Have a review to finish as well. Not much on the new car front these days but hopefully we will see some noteworthy releases soon. Noticed a few of you chiming in with your own reports, and THAT is great to see. Hope more of you do so.

Was going to invite the locals over for some race time but I need to get my honey-do's done first :)

What about you folks?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! Any fun plans?

Postby DixonJohn » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:50 am

Get the Honey Doo,s done then I'll have something to right about on this thread LOL
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby Racie35 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:56 am

I'm installing a bnova adapter in a scx NASCAR today..see if I can't make something that'll keep up with the pro NASCAR using the same motor and gearing etc.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:28 am

Be safe Shotgun
The weather is wacky, we are suppose to hit 60, that's 60 outside Chicago, in February. We really haven't had any snow since December.

Racing with the Bombers tonight at the oval. Always a good time.

Tom
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 am

But on your show you like "Lucifer" he is a cool guy, so maybe that's good news?

"Racing with the Bombers tonight at the oval. Always a good time."

Are the new rules all set? Is the Tech Inspector ready for pre-race inspections?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby sadco racing » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 am

Oh yeah, a little something going on tomorrow called the Bullitt 500 here in Kentucky. 500 laps of chills and thrills in the Blue King at Bullitt Speedway. Classic NASCAR on adjustable H&R chassi, MT5 motors. Usually about 25-30 entrants, will take about 5-6 hours to crown the champ! We'll post some pics etc. when we recover..........
sadco racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 am

Regular weekly racing tonight on Luf's Targa and then lending a hand with the running of the Ford-Ferrari proxy tomorrow. We have really had a spate of proxies recently: in another thread I said that this would likely be somewhere between the 10th and 20th one that I will be assisting with. I really enjoy running proxies as it is a wonderful opportunity to see some brilliantly prepared cars by some of the best tuner/builders out there and drive some very, very good cars. And while I am not a scratchbuilder myself, just seeing some of the works of art by the likes of Gascarnut Dennis and Chris W is always special. And to me it is always a challenge to make sure that we do the very best we can for each and every car in each and every proxy: a lot of people put a lot of effort into these cars so they deserve our absolute best.

Good times.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:18 am

after work tonight I'm off till Wed. Tuesday is my birthday so if you have not gotten me anything you still got time to send it.

No plans just going to work on building up tire razor stock and I have a Brew car I need to finish.

going to try and run a few laps, maybe clean off the Carrera track and run it

have a safe weekend all
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:47 am

I have a Grandson Birthday party Sunday. he turns 2, and is my little buddy. Till then, I have several cars to finish up, and some barriers to finish on the new oval. Weather is supposed to be good, so something going on the grill for sure. Dave, I hope the weather stays away from your door! we had tornados here just a week or so ago, and it was not fun.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Dave, I've been tracking this monster on radar and arial photos. It looks like your going to get good and wet, but the good news is that the worst of it is going to skirt along well north of you. Downtown is going to get a wallop if it hasn't started already.

And if you are getting this, I think your track ball or mouse ball is rolling around in a socket full of dust and lint. Mine gets that way at least once a month... cats.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Josh S » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:59 pm

I will be painting my track tonight, hopefully finishing sometime this weekend!
Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Well the new deck steps are in so it's time to celebrate with some good old Missouri pork steak and country style ribs.

Maybe some racing tonight!

Posted using Tapatalk Pro
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:28 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:47 am

Looks Good Harry.
I have the elaectrician working out a p,an and cost for me for the new man cave runs.
Walls and ceilings, all in conduit with lots of drops.
My big Screen TV 47 inch is on the fritz, so one line of pixels shot, right about where the dividing line between names and laps would be, so its going downstairs.
The man door that is as old as the house is being replaced with a new steel one.
And i continue to slowly poke away at the work areas. Lots on the go, and i ,may find time to even put a few laps in. The arm is feeling better and i can actually squeeze a controller again . All good so far and the Cake topper is lunch with my family, havent seen the little guys for 10 days so thats a real plus.
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:55 am

Well get well soon sir. Glad you are getting some time with family.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge