Trip back in time...page by page

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Trip back in time...page by page

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Had a couple boxes arrive today. I was asked if I wanted to find a home for an old collection of model and stock car magazines. I was honored and accepted. Maybe they can help those of you out there needing reference or inspiration.

Leafing through these simply brings a grin. A nod or three of the head when you see all the toys you recognize and remember. Not sure how many hours I spent back then doing this very thing and dreaming of my basement empire, but many a mag was a dog eared mess when I was through :whistle:

The Stock Car Racing mags are equally pleasing. Talk about a vault of prototype info. I could spent the next year modeling just half of one issue :)

I am going to photo scan articles one at a time and share here. I'll do my best to share the memories or perhaps help create new ones for those younger enthusiasts.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Trip back in time...page by page

Postby BRS Hobbies » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Cool post! I was able to get the Auto World catalog at a local book store for two years in a row. I kept checking back but as far as I could tell they never got anymore which may have been around the time Auto World went out of business. I loved looking at those catalogs. They always had a good mix of old and new stuff.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:43 am

That is a very cool flash back! :)
Looking forward to seeing the scans!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:38 am

Very cool, looking forward to them. I love flipping back through some of my old mags and reviving that excitement for all the toys.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge