[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera manufacturing video

Carrera manufacturing video

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Carrera manufacturing video

Postby Broman62 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:33 am

That was soooo cool...wish it was translated to English!! As was stated... never even thunk all the hands on work that goes into the build!!! :text-thankyouyellow:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:24 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby mattb » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Dave push for some 1/2 pieces of #3 curves so I can quit cutting them and maybe even take a chance on straights that are one piece and equal to 4 or 5 regular straights. We know you have some clout. No slot car track manufacturers may have ever thought/made long straights, but that is a staple in model railroading. When stacked on end, they really wouldn't require a great amount of shelf space.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Making such small changes to track pieces already in production is something I would never suggest. Why? Who would actually need what you're suggesting? Very few people. Sure in your case you need and I don't doubt at all you'd buy it if we made it. But you have to understand when you're making products you must first consider is "what i'm thinking about making, how many people would want it or even notice it if we made it"?
Long straights-packaging would probably be the issue as well again as how many people would buy them. I agree that they might sell.
Please don't take my straight answer in the wrong way, I do appreciate what you're suggesting but honestly I don't see them as something to suggest.

Take for example two track ideas that I've pushed for while I've been at Carrera. Digital corner lane changes and the chicane corner we will soon release. I don't for a minute think I've reinvented the wheel here.. they're obvious track pieces that other companies had in their lines and we lacked. I felt we needed them and the product management folks agreed. They are very different parts that are something that filled a niche that we had nothing really to offer until then (now). They can further be amortized by putting them in sets. Both are based on the standard 1/60 curve which is a curve that nearly every set has. So they have that going for them as well.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby mattb » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Dave, I understand the business side of what I want! Those are just two pieces that would really make for some nice 4 lane large track setups. I realize most home tracks are 4X12, maybe 8X16 and there is no demand in that market for those pieces. Most really big tracks go routed, but the 3 and 4 curves and some long straights would open some more possiblities for the larger setups. Routing a track solves all those issues and opens the door for any design you may want. After having several routed tracks (none forever), it is hard to take them apart and store them in a box when it is desired!! That is the big advantage of plastic. Keep up the good work. We appreciate all you do for slots in America.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge