[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Okay, I admit it...

Okay, I admit it...

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Okay, I admit it...

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:48 pm

I don't watch pro football at all, but I saw the second half of the Superbowl, and I am astonished to say that was the second best football I ever saw. (being an LSU fan, I have a permanent 1st best game, of course). Wow. I have to admit that was amazing. Congrats, New England. That was something else, guys.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Okay, I admit it...

Postby mattb » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:59 pm

I've always been a Pat/Brady/Belicek fan, but this time I thought Falcons should have been a 3-7 point favorite. At 21 zip I thought the game was over. I am always reluctant to count out Belicek, he can adjust on the fly, as he did tonite. Brady and company showed their savvy that they didn't give up and every time he got knocked down, he got back up. Falcons have a great team and one or two plays could have made them winners. I went into the game still thinking Joe Montana is the best QB ever, but I guess I have to change that now! great game.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:14 pm

They're amazing to watch...Belicheck, Brady...it gets better each year....what they ought to think about is renaming that Lombardi trophy.....no ones done what Belicheck has..ever.
I'm a Rams fan, but those Pats are unreal every year.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Yeah Patriots!!!!! Awesome comeback!! :banana-dance: :music-rockout: :handgestures-thumbup: :happy-partydance: :happy-wavemulticolor:
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby arroldn » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Lombardi had 5 NFL Championships as well. 2 Superbowl . So the trophy keeps its name. He also has a better winning percentage .744 in 10 yrs vs .6875 in 21 yrs for Belicheck. It was a great game.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:34 pm

1st off, the Falcons have NOTHING to be ashamed of. They came ready to play, and play they did.
The Patriots looked lost in the 1st 3 quarters, but boy, did they ever wake up in the 4th.
The Patriots winning the coin toss for overtime probably won the game for them. If it'd gone the other way, the Falcons could have been the winners.
I think Matt Ryan and the Falcons are a classy team, as he came over to Tom when it was over to congratulate him (as did other Falcon players). He could have simply walked off the field. I hope the Falcons make it back to the Super Bowl, and soon. They certainly deserve to be there.
The wife and I had gone to our daughter's for the Super bowl party. She was ready to leave the party at the end of the 3rd quarter. Our daughter and me said nope, we ain't leaving til it's over, win or lose. You wanna talk about some hooting and hollering? Yeah, we did that!! :banana-dance:

Awesome game, one that will be talked about for a long time... :music-rockout:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Racie35 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Coin toss wasn't gonna help the falcons...they were back peddling the entire second half on their heels...one drive brought them down to what would been a dagger in the pats, but they moved back out of field goal range.
Pats smothered them second half. 25-0...then the TD in OT....31 unanswered puts ...when the pats were down by 16 late, needing 2 TD she and 2 two pointers to tie...and did it matter if factory..that was impressive.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:40 am

I can agree a little about the overtime rules for the NFL and who wins the coin toss being favored a little. I don't like the whole deal and like the college rules much better. Each team gets the ball and a chance to keep the game alive.

Falcons have a great team, but even Dan Quinn said they just got wore out because the Pats ran so many offensive plays, 90 something to 40 something. In one of the interviews after the game White made a comment about their conditioning. He said they worked out so hard even the last week that they were ready to keep playing.

Still, give Ryan the ball in overtime and a couple chances to throw a 40 yarder to Julio and they may have scored the winning TD.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:55 am

Watched the game,it was a good game with an unbelievable come back.
But i have to admit Lady Gaga stole the show for me . Fantastic performance .
She seemed to have more enrgy than both teams combined.
Lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby strangebrew » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:45 am

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:50 am

So they say I guess...I think they suspect it at the least. Yes, I'm a Rams fan, but there's no ignoring what the Patriots do every year. They hardly skip a beat.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Well I guess I'm the exception; I'm NOT an "athletic supporter". I didn't know who won until this afternoon.....spent my Sunday evening watching Law & Order reruns and working at my computer (too cold to work on slot stuff in the garage). So apparently I'm unamerican or something, when I told my neighbor I didn't watch I got the funniest look :think:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:39 pm

I hate to admit it but I missed the fourth quarter since there is no tv in that little room. I was scheduled for a colonoscopy first thing Monday so I started drinking the Wonder Juice at the start of the game. Then by the fourth quarter the Wonder Juice kicked in, or should I say busted out. At least I did get to see the winning touchdown in OT since it was replayed several times. Either way, it was a really good super bowl game.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge