[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Take Care Old Friend

Take Care Old Friend

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Take Care Old Friend

Postby chappy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen i have sad news to share.
Having seen posts from Luf Linkert of the GVSCC, information has been passed on that our Friend and Proxy Host Retro Racer 44, Keith Hines passed away this morning while undergoing Heart Surgery.
I am at loss for words, but my thoughts and prayers are with Keiths family.
Keith will be missed by his many friends and associates from around the slotcar world.
God Speed Keith RIP.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Re: Take Care Old Friend

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Incredibly sad news. I knew him as best a person can through our exchanges here and email.

What a fantastic builder and person. His presence will be truly missed.

Our condolences to all.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Beast Lee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:52 pm

I'm just stunned and saddened by this...

RIP Keith...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:32 pm

As mentioned in the other post I am shocked and saddened by this news.

A great guy, who was always willing to share, and I will miss him on this forum, and I only new him through this forum for a year.

A very sad day.

God Bless Keith, and thanks for your kindness and help .

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:39 pm

Rest in piece retro...... I'm beyond words.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby CrockettNZ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:44 pm

very sad news indeed
all my thoughts go out to Keith's family and friends
RIP retro racer 44
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Unwelcome news indeed.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. What a wonderful man, and a terrible loss.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:26 pm

Bob - thank you for letting us know. I'm deeply saddened by this and echo that this was not the way to start the new year.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Effective immediately, I dedicating the 2017 and future T/A Proxy races in his honor. He was a fun builder and I will miss his cars not being here this year.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby btaylor » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:48 am

That just sucks...I don't even know what to say.
We lost a great friend that will be missed.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:55 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:14 am

Sad and speechless.... All I got is a moment of silence.
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:42 am

Stunning...truly sad to hear this!! His builds were top notch!! My thoughts will be with his family at this time!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:04 am

Our Friend Keith has several cars currently competing in proxies , and Luf has asked on behalf of of the GVSCC club that the cars continue in the respective proxies.
If you contact me i can provide further info as to the eventual,return of Keiths cars, with Lufs input.
Thank you all for your outpouring of sentiment , and lets give Keiths 44s a good run
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:31 am

What a sad thing to hear. He was a huge contributor here on HRW.
Keith, "May the road rise up to meet you...."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:27 am

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge