[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What was your favorite....

What was your favorite....

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

What was your favorite....

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Gift that you recieved as a child ????

Mine was a shoebox full of Matchbox Cars ,from my grandparents,that actually came in a cardboard box. There must have been 50 cars in that box !

You're up........
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: What was your favorite....

Postby burad » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:31 pm

A Lionel train. A 246 Scout.
burad

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:37 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappyman66 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Sizzles Big O and expansion sets.
I think it was my dad's attempt to do something like slots at home. We had a 1/24 Marx set but it was too big to be set up all the time.
Sizzlers were fast and easy to set up and tear down.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:01 pm

CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:09 pm

I want to say that the AFX set was my favorite, but I have to go with my first real skateboard from the pro-shop. It wasn't a surprise since I picked out the parts, but it was the first in a 30+ year sport/hobby. Wish that I still had it.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby texasleaguer » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:06 pm

It has to be a Schwinn Unicycle. The learning curve was painful, and all done without the benefit of helmet or pads of any kind (guess we were just tougher back then, or our parents thought we were). But I have to say that first perfect ride was a childhood life changer. I went to the store for my Mom on it, rode it to school, and delivered newspapers on it. But best of all I made young and old lifelong friends because of it.
Last edited by texasleaguer on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
texasleaguer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:36 pm

Among my slot cars, this was a top toy and still is today.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby vonsirius » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:02 am

I don't know if my favourite but at the top for sure; madelman Kenya Safari set.
A lot of adventures played!!!!
Last edited by vonsirius on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:10 am

ImageImageImageImage
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:26 am

Mattel Shootin' Shell Fanner 50! I was a New England cowboy!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mayberryman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:44 am

[quote="HomeRacingWorld"]Among my slot cars, this was a top toy and still is today.

[img]http://www.vintagetoysillustrated.com/vintagetoy/forsale/april/2011/TUDOR_NFL_NFC_AFC_ELECTRIC

Harry, it is funny that you post that picture of a Tudor model 660 Electric Football Field because during one of my several breaks from Slot Car Racing I became involved in serious Electric Football.
You might not be aware but there are pockets of grown men across the country that play this game to a level that you would not believe. They tweak bases with a lighter and plyers to run straight, fast or for strength and attend competitions from Texas to Ohio and Pennsylvania. You should google Electric Football Forums and you will get somewhat of an idea. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 am

I was ate up with working on lawn mower motors and bicycles as a young kid. I only had a small variety of basic tools, then on my 8th birthday I received this tool box with sockets, wrenches, and screwdrivers. I was then a mechanic, and have followed that to this day as I now work in the shop at FOMOCO. thanks mom & dad

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:44 am

I say this in all honesty, not just because I am on a slotcar forum.. My Eldon slot car set was my favorite. The hours of enjoyment that provided me over the years has resulted in priceless memories that live to this day. Family members,Much older Brother in Laws etc used to have a blast with it. I always had it set up at following Christmas's and it was a fun after dinner activity that would unfold as Mom cleaned off the table before we hit the table for a game of RISK.

Grand times and memories indeed

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Hot Wheels super charger set...Still have it..
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge