Alternative To Photobucket?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Alternative To Photobucket?

Postby strangebrew » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:38 am

Problems might be with the browser.
I'm a dinosaur & still use Internet Explorer with AOL because I'm familiar with it & it works in most cases well for me.
I too fought with Photobucket all the time until I tried going to Photobucket via Google Chrome...................
You might have noticed I also combine several pictures into 1 JPEG to keep downloads to a minimum.
So far no download or login issues :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:09 am

Let's keep this going, as I would like to switch from photo bucket to something more user friendly. I've been thru 4 different photo hosting sites in the last 20 years and I would like to get settled on a good account that won't get shut down or require a degree to loand and view pix.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:04 pm

So I just tried with Google Chrome.. i still get a never ending cycle of log in's. Normally i use Firefox.
so this doesn't appear to be a browser issue.
And yes I've cleared my cache, done a rain dance, turned on and off, hit it with a hammer... I might just use my Imgur account for this now...

My Jimmies... they are rustled...
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby strangebrew » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:11 pm

I just uploaded 2 picts 10 minutes ago, & it took maybe 5 minutes total from login to logout..?????????????????????????????????????
Dave, maybe a call to photobucket is in order.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:56 pm

I'll agree with all the previous comments. Photobucket is slow even now that I have a new computer and a fiber optic connection, but at least it's not as bad as this guys day.

The 50/50 at Watkins Glen.

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:56 pm

I do have an option for veteran members who actively post photos and care enough to work with them.

Just PM me if you are seriously wanting an alternative to the Bucket
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 pm

I exchanged a couple of PM's with Harry last night about this. Now that he has let the cat out of the bag, I feel it is OK for me to mention it publically. I am going to give Harry's option a go. I hope to get time tomorrow to do a test run. Thanks, Harry!
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:59 pm

As other have said my photo bucket account keeps sending back to the login page.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Ok...I know this old but I want to make sure I understand this!! I just got an email from PB that said my account cannot support 3rd party hosting and if I needed to I could upgrade to A PLUS 500 PLAN!! So I clicked on the upgrade and the way I read it is to be able to 3rd party hosting it would cost $399 a year... is this for real and is this what you guys are all talking about?!?! Since I joined PB years back I have never paid a cent to them for anything!!

Question is....if I don't pay this and upgrade, I will not be able to post pics to our HRW forum from my Photo Bucket... is that right???

I see another thread about "Postimage" that I will have to check out!!!

Another question is has anyone tried moving their photos from PB to this new Postimage??

Any answers or feedback would be much appreciated...thank you!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:34 pm

I can share with you that the sooner you find a new photo hosting site the better. With fewer people actually needing this service thanks to FB and other social sites, this new policy change for PB was almost the last nail on the coffin. It will not be long and there might not be any PB at all.

Broman, do NOT PAY them a dime. HRW has a photo hosting site like I mentioned above. PLEASE try it before you do anything.

PM me for login details.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Broman62 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Thanks Harry!!!

Oh no I do not plan on paying anything to PB!! After I thought about what I wrote and went back thru my Photobucket it dawned on me that everything on PB that I have is "the past stuff" and there is really nothing there that I would want to post "new" on HRW!! So PB is just an old photo holder now for me and I'll check out the "Postimage" for new pic storage and posting!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:00 pm

So...I finally sat down and took about 4-5 hours of my life the other night and removed all my pictures off of PB and closed it down and removed it from my IPad and IPhone...what a relief AND APITA!!!! I had to go thru each album and delete what I didn’t want and then “saved” from my PB pictures EACH picture I wanted to keep to my iPhone and then I’ve gone with Postimage so I had to (download) what I wanted off my iPhone to Postimage...really fast!!! Once I downloaded my pics from my iPhone to Postimage I then deleted them off my iPhone!! It was tedious and time consuming but I’m glad I got it done and I’m happy with Postimage!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Yep. I endorse it completely. There was a problem once, and I wrote them an email. They responded immediately and fixed the problem. Try that with PB!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Rleog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 am

Due to the ban on 3rd party pic hosting I have dumped all my Photobucket pics.

Currently trying Flickr
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby model murdering » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:35 pm

Been using imgur for a while now, and Im quite happy with it.

Easy to navigate. Features are easily accessed. No pop ups and forced kiddy gedunk. No waiting or down time. Instant loading. NO WAITING!

So far so good :pray:
model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge