[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Trans Am T/A2 Series

Trans Am T/A2 Series

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Trans Am T/A2 Series

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Trans Am T/A2 Series

Postby docdoom » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:00 pm

all we need is to have RMS RESIN to make some resin body of those cars and put a HRS2 Inline Chassis under it and you have a killer class. maybe start a poll and see if enough guys would want some to make it worth his time?????
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:37 pm

Maybe if some members could each volunteer modify one car to the Trans Am specs to serve as a master That would take much of the work off of the caster's plate. The Camaro hasn't changed much this year and could easily be done from one of the existing GT3 versions done by one of the big three manufacturers. I like the Ninco Camaro better than the Scaley version. The 2016 Mustang is quite a bit different than any of the current bodies produced by the big three. Again, I think the Ninco would probably be the easiest to mod to spec than the Scaley. I haven't held a Carrera version in hand and cannot speak to it's suitability. No one makes a modern Challenger but a classic Challenger looks pretty close and could be modded to look like the modern one. I would be willing to do one of the three brands. I'll wait for others to pipe in before talking to Harry about a poll.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:31 am

I have seen # of 1/32 die cast challengers on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1-32-Ja ... SwZVlXun7y
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jada-Big-Time-M ... 2024110334
might be a good start for a mold
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:31 am

I agree with you Mike, very competitive racing, with cars that closely resemble the car you see on the street. As we have discussed a few other times, I have all 3 makes mostly done as far as body modifications, and had planned on casting them for our club guys to run a scratch build class. But interest has fallen off, and I can't justify the materials/time it takes to copy the mastered bodys.

docdoom those bodies you have found are well under scale, however this one you suggest is what I used for a start as it is plastic.
Last edited by Ky.Slot Racer on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Austin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:54 am

I had to drop the body on the scalextric Camaro a lot to like like the real car. love running it on my track, plus it handles a lot better lowered.

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:48 am

Yes Mark, I fully realize that the effort vs. payback ratio doesn't balance for producing bodies of this series. There isn't the large scale interest. I really started this thread to trumpet the series rather than try to get a resin caster to take it on. It requires recognition to produce demand in sufficient amount to justify making them. It is just sad to me that this series isn't wider broadcast which would give it wider recognition. I only have basic cable here in my house because of the high cost of premium packages. I cannot justify it when 99% of its content is of no interest to me. I did splurge on the highest internet bandwidth so streaming provides nearly 100% of my television viewing. I get these Trans Am races via Utube, albeit delayed about a month after the race is run.

Austin, Your Camaro looks fantastic!
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:55 am

On another note, new composite body to add another make to the TA class . :D

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:51 am

Yes I saw that the other day. Mopar will have a Challenger competing in TA1 next year against the Vettes, Mustangs and Cadillacs.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:59 am

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge