[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Its the Apocalypse!!!

Its the Apocalypse!!!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Its the Apocalypse!!!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:23 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Its the Apocalypse!!!

Postby slothead » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:48 pm

While traveling across country this summer my wife and I met a couple at a rest area along interstate 80 - the guy was wearing a T-shirt that said something like "My amazing daughter brought me this Chicago Cubs shirt". I said maybe this would be their year 'cause the cubs had the best record in the league at that time. He told us he was from Chicago and his wife was from Cleveland, which was where they now lived. At the time the Cleveland Cavaliers were ahead in the NBA finals and he hoped they'd bring a championship home to Cleveland, and maybe, just maybe it'd be the cubbies year too.

One championship in the bag for the guy, and I'm rooting that he'll get this one too. Of course, the in-laws might have different hopes since the cubbies are playing the Indians in the series.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Having most of my family from Chicago...I honestly never thought I'd see it. What a way to win it. I hope they get it done!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby seal666 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:18 am

Sorry, the Apocalypse starts when either the Browns or the Bears make the super bowl. Been an Indians fan all my life, try that growing up in N Y C. Can't help but liking the Cubs. Life just gets more interesting.
Bob e
seal666

Postby BIG E » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:12 pm

Being a Yankees fan since I was a kid (I'll also pull for the Mets, if they're not playing the Yanks), we've had more than our share of seeing World Series and playoff action around the NY Metro area in my lifetime. But they're both out, and I've been watching the playoffs with great interest (while still keeping my eye on auto racing and the new NHL season). Like most outsiders, I wanted the Cubs just because of their situation, and good luck to them in the Series. Ya gotta feel for a guy like Clayton Kershaw, who put the Dodgers on his repaired back, and just had too much asked of him in the end. Mr. Guts, we can call him, I guess. A great effort.
At the same time, when the Yankees traded away my favorite bullpen pitcher Andrew Miller to Cleveland I was was not happy! So, I'm glad to see him get his shot at the prize, too. I'm sure Major League Baseball and FOX TV are happy to see the Cubs get in. Think of all the extra casual viewers (read $$$) they'll be getting just to see if Chicago can get it done!

Looking forward, it should be fun. Enjoy the Series! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:32 pm

I'm hoping for another '69 Mets situation!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge