Re-releasing cars

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re-releasing cars

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:15 am

Each year we see new liveries on cars. I understand that manufacturers need to make as many liveries as they can in order to maximise the chance of making some money back off the cost of making the tools to make the car in the first place.

I wonder if there is a case for them to re-release previous liveries again. Say something that came out 5 years ago or more.
My thinking is that new people to the hobby or folks who missed out the first time may like the opportunity to pick up a classic livery. Then there are folks who have banged up the Gulf 917k or Parnelli Jones Mustang who would happily pick up a new one rather than paying the extra cost of a 'rare' car off eBay.

Given this what livery on a car from the past would you like to see re-released?

I know amongst the chaps at my club a few of them would like to be able to get a Carrera Smokey Torino :)
cheers
David
Last edited by Dangermouse on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Re-releasing cars

Postby redlynr » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:06 am

Yes please.

Carrera Opel GTs and Canams, and Slot.it Malardeau Lancia and Porsche Canon come to mind...

I believe licencing issues prevent Carrera from releasing new/rereleasing some of their vintage Nascars...
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Re-releasing cars

Postby Lou E » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:54 am

I would also like to get my hands on more Opel GT's, I was fortunate enough to have someone be willing to part with one at a decent price but it looks so lonely sitting all by itself... :lol:

Slot.it re-released their original Chaparral after the initial run sold out, that is the only time I remember something like that happening.
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge