[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot season! Who's happy it's that time?

Slot season! Who's happy it's that time?

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Slot season! Who's happy it's that time?

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:09 am

It's getting chilly in the evenings, the leaves are changing.. who's glad it's the start of slot season?
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Re: Slot season! Who's happy it's that time?

Postby Gameover » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:42 am

oooohhh ooooohhh pic me!!! :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:49 am

Yes sir, it sure is.

GREAT photo, thanks for letting me borrow it :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby hoganracing » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:55 am

I also am glad. The cooler temperatures make the garage more inviting!

Patrick
hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:44 pm

That is an AWESOME picture!!!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Dave, I wonder sometimes if those German fellas have any idea what a talented guy they hired. ---
--- Okay, back to being a coupla smarta*sses, we return to regularly scheduled b*ll busting.

Great shot. What kills me is that you probably took a whole 10 minutes to set it up.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby docdoom » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:15 pm

No took him 4 months to set that shot up. had to wait for the leaves to turn and fall.
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:51 pm

I, for sure, am so ready for "slot season".

I didn't get as much enjoyment out of tractor pulling this summer as I usually do, but that was mainly due to injury to my lower back at work in July. This was right before tractor pulling got into full swing with local fairs and such. Now, when someone tells me their back hurts, I can totally relate! From my experience this summer, it puts you out of commission on a lot of things, even slot cars. I couldn't even go down the stairs to the dungeon. More than once, I ended up on the floor from the pain. Not something I would even want an enemy of mine to go through, as it was that bad. And since my pain was more muscle related, I understand it's not near as bad if was due to the actual spine. I'm told I was "lucky".

I have just recently cleaned off the oval here in the basement, and have begun to make laps. This past Sunday, I got to run some cars from the Can-Am proxy race on SCI, and I really had a great time running cars again.

So yeah, I am VERY happy it's "slot season" again... :banana-dance:
I even enjoy running Carrera cars nowadays (did I just say that???) :lol: :auto-checkeredflag:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:06 am

Good to hear you are feeling better Dickie. You are right, that back pain is some of the worst.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby WB2 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:42 am

Photo is a much better selling point than a dark dingy basement with cobwebs dangling from the ductwork.
Thank you, Mr. K.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:57 am

Last edited by DaveKennedy on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:59 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:12 am

Nice behind the scenes.

The neighbors might be looking over and thinking: "what in the...oh it's just Mr. Kennedy again".
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Czar » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Tonight, October 5th, our little crew is getting together for an evening of racing! It is the first racing we have done since the end of June. Tim has promised us a few surprises as he has been working hard to make his 65 foot Carrera digital track even better. I have some new cars to flog around the circuit. The topper that is going to make the night better are Tim's Swedish meatballs. It will be a little lonely as one of our guys is having a medical procedure tomorrow and can't make it. Another regular, John, (another John, not me) is a custom luthier and is in Berlin, Germany showing off two of his latest guitar creations at the international guitar show. But I am very happy to have "Slot Season" start again.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:25 pm

manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge