[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Hurricane Matthew coming my way.

Hurricane Matthew coming my way.

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Hurricane Matthew coming my way.

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:40 pm

It's looking more and more like Florida won't be dodging this one. And a category IV at that. Latest predicted track has it coming up the east coast with the center just off shore. But it is so big the whole state will be affected. Not to mention Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Hurricane Matthew coming my way.

Postby chappy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Wishing you luck Bob, stay safe
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:19 pm

Yep. You know we're watching it like a hawk!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Yes, wishing the best.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:22 pm

:roll: ......North Carolina :| AND we just got washed away last Wednesday night!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:41 am

Be safe Bob and everyone in the path. The LT is down at Patrick AFB and my sister lives in Jupiter - this could get ugly. The fetching Mrs. Reinecke's family is on the west coast so hopefully they are spared.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:24 pm

Well it looks like the bad stuff will start tonight. I anticipate that we will be losing power sometime in the next 24 hours. And it will probably be off for several days. I'll check back in concerning my status as soon as I can after the storm passes. If we do lose power I may go to Orlando and stay with a nephew who has offered to take me and my dog in
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:03 pm

Hang tight Bob you never know when one of them suckers will make the big turn. I lived on the Florida's West Coast (Bradenton) for about 10 years and kept ducking them there
Cover the Track good.
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:48 pm

Stay safe Bob, hope it stays off shore.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pastor bubba » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Good luck and stay safe.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:57 pm

So do you stay put or evacuate? If the latter, where do you go? I remember when I was 10 years old, Hurricane Hazel hit Toronto with high winds and tons of rain. We just got the tail end of it but it was a big one for Toronto in those days. I can't imagine a storm with winds above 200 kph. So which is the better deal in these cases, a Honda generator or a Honda water pump?

Whichever you plan to do, I hope you have boarded up the windows.

Stay safe

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:11 pm

I was Navy in Pensacola for Camille & had master of arms duty in a 2 story wooden barracks the night it hit.
Lucky for me it went more Alabama's way. Most folks then had Hurricane parties instead of evacuating.
Hold tight.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:01 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ccobra » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Uh OH, I'm scheduled to go to South Carolina next week, Maybe I should set that back a few weeks, you think? Agreed with the above posts, when I was younger and stationed at England AFB, just outside Alexandria, LA, we would get 10 pounds of fresh shrimp, 5lbs of charcoal, and a case of beer and go on a Hurricane watch. Now that I'm a little older and hopefully a little wiser, I see no problem with hitting the storm cellar or just head for the hills. Only problem with heading for the hills in FL is that magic mountain is the highest point. Anyway be safe down there.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:06 pm

I bailed out at the last minute and drove to my nephew's house in Orlando to spend last night. Thankfully for those of us who were inland from the coast the eye vered north and stayed off shore. I came home this afternoon and there was very little damage, just some aluminum trim pieces were blown off. The neighbors that stayed said the power never went off. So, round one is over but forecasters are predicting the storm will loop around and head back toward Florida early next week.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge