[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - MONOGRAM 1/4 MIDGET RACER

MONOGRAM 1/4 MIDGET RACER

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: MONOGRAM 1/4 MIDGET RACER

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Good to see you posting Wood! Awesome resin casts... I got a "starter kit" and I am wanting to try my hand at that.

I am going to try to post some more stuff myself - I have things to show but I just haven't taken the pix and made the time to post to the newer board.

I have a resin Midget and Sprints Plus chassis on my work bench and the body fit pretty well. I added nerf bars, and bumpers, and some brass that sort of looks like radius arms...

Anyway - I am running "Daytona Pro-Track" 3/4 inch (.750s) on the front and .880s on the back. It puts the chassis about where it should be off the deck, and looks about right when compared to the old advert I posted up above. I think I will trim the width of the rears and fronts to get the look even better - those midgets ran some pretty small and narrow tires back in the day.

There are original-style *exact-repros* of the 60s Monogram rubber tires and rims available online - and that would be absolutely the most correct. Since I was hoping to get the South Shore Speedway racers (the local "underground" home racing oval track) interested - and since they all like to run *real fast* - I knew contemporary foam would be a must.

Happy New Year!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby FootScoot » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:45 pm

I have one of the Ejays kits, but have yet to assemble it. This thread just may give me the incentive I need, ( as if I need another project). :D
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:09 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:55 pm

On the chassis question:

I know a lot of you guys prefer to buy American, if you can, but the Penelope Pitlane slimline chassis kit fits like a glove in the Big Donkey Midgets.

I did a post with pics on the old site; but I don't know how to insert a link.(and I don't have any connection with PP).

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks,Jeremy.

I'm sorry to say my midgets are still at the stage in the last photo.

Partly because I'm leaving them until my painting skills improve.

- and partly because I "lack focus" (see;sprint cars,sundry minis,folding track,ice racing track. . .)

Still,PP's a nice running chassis.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge