It's over for awhile.

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

It's over for awhile.

Postby Tubby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:08 am

I started back to school this fall to get a new certification to add to my teaching license. This has really put a damper on my time to race and tune my cars. It has also meant that I have had to leave the track folded up to the wall for almost 3 months. I know I know, it made me feel awful to that. This semester is over finally and I have about a month before my next one starts. I celebrated this weekend with a 6 hour all out every car own racing event with a fellow slotter. I am looking forward to finally getting a ton of racing time in. I am thinking about moving in to one wing of Bibbster's mansion. :lol: Anyway I just wanted you guys and gals to know I have missed you and racing, but I am back, at least for a little while. All my time away worked I have a 4.0 so far.

Tubby
Tubby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: It's over for awhile.

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 am

Good Stuff!!!!

It sux when our 1:1 worlds encroach that much on our shared hobby, its not good and it sure isn't healthy (we ALL need our downtime).

I was in a similar situation earlier in the year, my job was impacting big time on all areas of my life and I had to make some really tough decisions.

I'm glad I did, I've got a balance in my life again and the chance to enjoy my slot cars (like you my track/cars would see little use over extended periods).

Enjoy it mate, there is nothing at all wrong with it :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:25 am

I hear you, 1 last test in the AM and I have a little time off, glad you are holding a 4.0 I slipped a little in fluid technology, but I am holding a strong 3.8
rock on little buddy,
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:55 am

Good to hear sir, sounds like it's time for a road trip :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 am

Tubby,

I am glad to hear you are gaining knowledge for your occupation. That is an awesome thing to do.

A good friend and sidekick decided to go back to school and learn a completely different vocation. It is a two year program and he is just over halfway through. Like you, he simply 'folds up' the slot car stuff and puts it out of his mind - at least as much as he can - until he gets a semester break.

Keep up the super work.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:51 am

Overachiever! Glad you're continuing your education and that it hasn't killed you.

The racing sounds like a great break!

I called DIBS on the North Wing of Bibbster Manor way back in June.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:29 am

Nope, David. That's the north light, essential for these artist types. You'll have to settle for the South wing, where there are little campfires in the floor, goats and chickens walking around, and some strange old broad who snatches food from your hand and says, "You gonna eat that?" just before she gobbles it up with no teeth. Its the steerage section of Estate Compound BB, around and behind the vast motorpool area, just in front of the cricket pitch and the airfield. Easy to find. It right along the household hovercraft route.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 am

Congrats Tubby!I know you've worked hard with your schooling and you deserve a break!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Congrats on the GPA Tubby my fun time is just starting but happily only until the new year. Then back to normal. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tubby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks everybody! I am 1/5 the way through this program. I keep telling myself I will enjoy the hobby so much more once I am out of the classroom.

Tubby

Jeremy all I need is the rocking chair in the window alcove!
Tubby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:45 am

:)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge