[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Found Neat Older Documentary

Found Neat Older Documentary

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Found Neat Older Documentary

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 pm

I've been going through my old VHS tapes and transfering the ones I want over to DVD (about 300 to wade through). Anyway, I came across one I had gotten years ago, called "The Marque of a Legend: The Quest for the Ultimate Sportscar". Mine was a copy that I got in Germany back in the 80s but I see it available on Ebay and Amazon UK as a region "0" DVD (works anyplace).
It's hosted by Robert Hardy (the actor) but the meat is Stirling Moss, John Surtees, Jacky Ickx, Derek Bell and Willie Green driving original Le Mans winning cars including the Bugatti Type 35B, Bentley Blower, Mercedes SSK, Mercedes 300SLR, Alfa Romeo 8C 2300, Jaguar D-Type, Aston Martin DBR1, Ferrari 250 GTO and Testa Rossa, Porsche 356. These cars are actually driven, not just paraded around a track. One of the high points is, I believe Surtees and Ickx, running a 250 GTO against a 250 LM through the English countryside on a private estate. Also, due to the era it was made, some great footage of the Rothmans 956 up close. If you can lay hands on a copy I highly recommend it. :banana-rock:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Found Neat Older Documentary

Postby smallblockhero » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:48 pm

i have links to a lot of docs that have been uploaded by simracing buddies.movie files with bio's on historical drivers, can-am and F1 stuff. if your interested id post links to the downloads as long as no one objects.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:42 pm

The documentary referenced above was originally titled "Legendary Sports Cars" and was broadcast
on Discovery channel many years ago. I have seen pirated copies of this everywhere. It is a fantastic
show.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 pm

DAVE, My copy was from the UK, 1985 and was sponsored by JCB Excavators (they owned the D Jags used). I had heard an edited version was used on Discovery early in it's broadcast history but never saw it.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Theres been some great old stuff about Indy, Le Mans and F1 from the 50's and 60's on Channel 73 in Oz lately.
I wish I'd recorded them.
Those fellas were pretty Brave, when you think about the speed they were doing and the lack of anything that resembled safety.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Correct. Bamford fronted the money to make the video. And several cars were from that collection
as evidenced by the JCB logos on the noses of the cars. They also heavily sponsor most of the vintage
events in England. They deserve a hearty "Hip-Hip-Hooray" for their efforts.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:03 pm

On HRW you are free to share any links and i know I want to see those links
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:00 pm

HRW is a link-allowed environment, so PLEASE! Post them! We love this kind of stuff!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:31 pm

ok should i postem here or make a seperate thread? prolly better to make a seperate thread i think.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 am

Sure, go ahead.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge