[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ozark Mountain Federation Gnationals

Ozark Mountain Federation Gnationals

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Ozark Mountain Federation Gnationals

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 pm

HRW JIm, President of the HRW Ozark Mountain SCCA/TA Division will be hosted at MIDMO Speedway for the Ozark Mountain Federation Gnationals (OMFG).
This year's "Winter Gnats" will include a full race card of selected classes by the President :)

So...it was a hump day race meet here at HRW HQ. Jim made the trip with a case full of slotcars and it was time to start having fun.

Here are just a few of the entries I have planned. (if I pass tech)

We started out right. Jim rebuilt the old Camaro for the series. We both used MT1 motors for that "U2" feel. Man are they smooth and fun.

But boy were the Bowties in force today.

Of course you know who caused this.

All I wanted was a good shot of his interior.

Speaking of these Vettes, here is the one Listerstorm finished for Jim.

What great work. Lee, you outdid yourself...AGAIN!

A full grid of them :)

My black Vette was no match for Jim's superior tuning and driving skills. But hey, I took second!

You didn't think we could go without some oval action did you? We had a ball as usual with them. I think I did ok here, another 2nd.

Ok back to some T/A action. This...this was one heck of a slotfight. This Camaro is the fastest in my fleet thanks to Lee's skills. I think the polished paint reduces aero drag. Then again, Jim's Pioneer custom feels like it has a guide pin in the rear. No clear winner in this one folks. What a race!

Ah, old rivals. This MRRC is quite a contender. Jim thinks he has to have one now, and can't blame him.

Finally the new stars of this series. All we did was sand up some tires and had a blast. These cars will soon be taking over a lot of our time, and they deserve it.

Tire dust! Looks good doesn't it?

Jim brought me this as a Christmas present. What a great surprise and equally great book. I am already leafing through it seeing cars I never heard of. Carrera? May I send you scans? :)

What a great time. This is what it's all about for us, just good friends enjoying the fun of building and racing slot cars.

Thanks Jim for making the trip...what a great way to spend a hump day.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Ozark Mountain Federation Gnationals

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks for sharing Harry. Looks like fun & a nice lineup of cars!
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Looks like a blast, love those Vettes and I'm a Ford guy!

To paraphrase some Soviet Sports announcer: "Harry finished a respectable second while HRWJim finished next to last". :shifty:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm

I had a great time Harry, thanks for having me. The time passed too quickly as always. About your black Vette , all I have to say is your a funny man. Anyone that knows you knows the truth here. Your welcome for the book and I hope Carrera is listening, like you said the cover shot is worth it. What a great pic. Thanks for the Carrera Stang it goes in the bath this weekend. SCCA or Oval, I'm still not sure. We have to get together more, it's nice to race and have conversation with an adult about toys. LOL Thanks again Jim PS the shot of interior just reminded me that I changed my mind on the down bar for the roll cage but never fixed the floor pan. DOH!
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm

Alright. This is just plain mean. You guys have all that fun, race all those cars, eat all that food, and then have to brag about it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Man, you guys have all the fun up there. Great cars all around, those Vettes sure getting popular around here. Its a good thing nobody makes them like that, they would never sell. :P
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Ok, next race this Saturday. This might be an actual points event.

:)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:20 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby youngster » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:39 am

MAN O MAN; Looks Great; I LUV What Youv'e done on the "MID MO" Track Scenery. Fantatic.
Jim sure wish I could have been there to Run with ya. Your cars are Great.

YOUNGSTER
youngster

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:31 pm

You guys have some great builds there.And Harry,you have really got the Mid Mo looking good!
Got to love the dust on the carrera :twisted:

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Goose I'll have to pick up that book it looks pretty cool. Thanks Rusty Mid Mo is looking good and the braid is SWEET to run on. I will do mine sometime after the first of the year. JIm
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge