PRI Racing Trade Show Pics in Orlando FL.

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

PRI Racing Trade Show Pics in Orlando FL.

Postby Larry Lype Motorsports » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:38 am

Hi Gang
Been kinda bust the last month or so with 1:1 car stuff. I did attend the last PRI show (they are movin it to Indy next year) in Orlando. heres a few pics of some of my long time friends, and a new one.

Here is a man I have wanted to meet since I was *ALOT* younger. This is *The ORIGINAL Mr. Auto World*, Oscar Kovelski<sic?> What a thrill it was to finally meet him! Oscars 80th Birthday was on Thursday, opening day of the show and at the breakfast for exhibitors that morning is when I found out he was here!

NASCAR Car Owner and master engine builder Robert Yates (both of us had a rather *extended evening* the nite before ;) )

Long time friend and parts guru Vic Edelbrock

My long time friend, Miss Hurst Golden Shifter, Linda Vaughn

Larry

Larry Lype Motorsports

Re: PRI Racing Trade Show Pics in Orlando FL.

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks for the pics. How is Linda doing? I saw her on the Barrett-Jackson right after Grumpy Jenkins passed and she was selling a car to help defray some medical bills or something like that. I (along with about a million other teenage boys) had a crush on her....now that I am (much) older, I still do! I envy you :D

Did Oscar make you a member of the PRDA (Polish Racing Drivers Association, for you youngsters)? I always loved the membership requirements: Polish and a driver; NOT Polish and a driver; Polish and not a driver; Not Polish and not a driver. Any guy that had a slot track on top of his race car was cool! My PRDA sticker went away on a car I had years ago.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Larry Lype Motorsports » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Lindas doin great now after some heart surgery. We have been friends seemingly forever. I joined PRDA when it started, member # 16 :banana-rock: Google Oscar and let him know your a member, he prolly has some decals left!
Larry Lype Motorsports

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Great stuff. Wish I could be there. If we go to INDY, you can drive me around in your new scooter/hot rod and rub elbows with royalty.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge