[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Sexy Tracks

Sexy Tracks

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Sexy Tracks

Postby Joe A » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 pm

The other day I was searching the menu for something to watch on tv when I stopped on Sexy Tracks, for a second I got excited, thinking I stumbled on to something good.
My wife said " it's music " crushing my moment of joy, so the wild wild west went from second to first choice.
I think Sexy Tracks would be a great slot car show, my wife thinks I'm crazy and I would be the only viewer?
Am I just getting old? :lol:
Joe Aquino :lol:
Joe A

Re: Sexy Tracks

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:12 pm

LOL I'd watch!
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HutchTrickStar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm thinking it would work. All of the cooking shows on the tube but not a single show about slot cars?

Today it doesn't matter if a TV exec likes it. You can publish it yourself on Youtube.
HutchTrickStar

Postby RazorJon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:11 pm

I would watch it Joe, great idea
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby racer6583 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:57 am

I'd watch a show on slot car tracks or slotting in general
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:06 am

When ESPN first came on the air, I was thinking to myself, "Self, how are they going to fill 24 hours a day with nothing but sports?" Well, obviously they did. Hey they now have multiple ESPN channels to cover all the sports.

Then when "The Weather Channel" came along, I could envision some very boring telecasts talking aobut whether or not the weatherperson was correct that day. But they are still broadcasting.

With shows like "American Picker", "American Hogger", "Redneck Island", etc; coming on to a cable network and staying around more then a few weeks, there is obviously a market for such stuff.

Many years ago there was a "Slot Car Mega Center" called "Mini Wheels". That might be a great name for a show on TV about slot cars. Let's be honest, I'm sure there would be viewership around and perhaps some benefits would be that manufacturers of slot cars and parts would advertise. It might also get the word out.

If some media savvy person got into this, I can just see the "Friday Night Races From . . . . " where they have the turn marshals dressed up in attire similar to the "Hooters" gals. Might get some pretty stiff ratings! :banana-rock:
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HRWJim » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 am

Well Joe it looks like 5 responses... so 5 of us would be there. LOL Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 am

I'd watch! But with a show title like that, you are going to have to have a segment of the show with girls in bikini's racing slot cars! :banana-rock:
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 am

Sigh.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Reslotted » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:23 am

Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:50 am

Nope. I live with one. They're not so exciting.

The show was sounding interesting until the skimpy chicks got involved. And seeing as there are few enough slot chicks racing these days are you looking to drive the existing few away?

Sigh. Put the boot on the other foot for a change occasionally.

Sorry. I'll pull my head back in and you can go about your normal business.

I apologise for the outbreak. Please go ahead with what you were doing.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Reslotted » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Fair Call Embs.
It's a valid point.

But I wont tell my wife that firefighters are not that exciting, she'll be mortified.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Of course, it could just be aging volunteer fire fighters that aren't so exciting. ;)

No, really. I do apologise for the outburst. It's only on very, very rare occasions that it happens.

Certainly wouldn't want to see the average slotter in skimpies. That could result in permanent mental scarring.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge