Cincinnati Cops, what's the go there????

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Cincinnati Cops, what's the go there????

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Well, well, well. Looks like we have some more stuff in common, eh, Sarge?

I prefer the 1911, too.

And I need a towmotor... and a plane to pull with it. Think they'll give me long, long long credit? I'd like a P-47, please. Love them Jugs and round engines in general.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HutchTrickStar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Barb M. sounds like someone I know. She's a Philly cop that nobody ever messed with more than once. What a lady.

I witnessed what she did to some fool who messed with her brain damaged brother. He looked worse than the steel door she went through to get to him. I don't remember what type of uniform she wore, sorry.

Australia has Road Trains, how cool is that?
HutchTrickStar

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:43 pm

...Ahh life beyond slot cars....

"Women in Uniform" by Aussie band Skyhooks, "Women in uniform, sometimes they look so cold but Oh they feel so warm" :)

Yes we have Roadtrains here, my son had his first experience with them on our trip out Charleville earlier this year, he is on his learners license and was clocking up some hours for his driving log on the trip....

....He needed a bit of a gee up overtaking his first Road Train (it was bitumen but the roads out west are really chopped out), but soon got used to getting round them.

The cattle crates are the worst, three trailers of liquidized shite to get sprayed over your duco :)

ICE ROAD TRUCKERS, now there is another cool US reality show, those guys and girls are really amazing!!

Would also love to see a Jug actually flying, they were the toughest fighter of WWII, genuine "Heavy metal"...

..."If its made in the US, its going to work" -Quote some old wizened bloke that shares the same last name as me :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HutchTrickStar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Didn't even think about needing to pass them. I was thinking 'Stay outta of the way'.
HutchTrickStar

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:40 pm

...In the wet ALWAYS!!!

The Road Train drivers are some of the most professional operators I've ever seen.

Passing is ok, they will give you as much room as they can and they also help tee up the overtake for you. A tap of the brake lights means hang ten for a bit, an indicator means you are good to go....

....On single lane bitumen in the wet they won't get off, understandable if you see the roads as they were up north.

And you always give way to cattle crates, they won't get off at any time, its not bad manners on their part, its simple economics, cows are susceptible to serious damage if they go down, I once saw a "pink" cow get dragged out of a Railway "K" wagon up north when I was a young Engineman. Not a bit of hide on the thing, it looked like a large pink pig in the moonlight.

They are an interesting form of road transport, most of the prime movers are Kenworths, Western Stars, US stuff with 500-600HP Cat, Cummins or GM diesels, they get the job done well!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:33 am

Waytoo, regarding WWII iron, I'm partial to "bigwings" myself....B-17s primarily but I am partial to others....if you want a ground attack platform how about a B-25H or J: 8-10 50 cals and a 75mm hand loaded cannon all foward firing!

Oh, BTW, my 45 isn't a 1911, it's a Hi Point.....cheap and ugly but the target doesn't care.

Rob, I'm cautious passing a single livestock truck (particularly in the rain), don't even want to think about passing a "triple"; besides up in this neck of the woods they're likely to be loaded with pigs...double deck!!!!

Back on the cops, what do most of your LEOS drive there? Around here they seem to be going to the Dodge Chargers since the Crown Vic went away; haven't seen too many of the new, Aussie built Caprices or Ford's new "Tauriceptor". Also have seen quite a few going to Tahoes (in our town they went to a RAM 4wd, crew cab).
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:40 am

This is getting spooky. My uncle was killed sitting by THAT 75mm in the H, after he survived his missions. Some officer in South Carolina wanted to make a big show and had them taking off in waves of 5 planes, and the expectable disaster happened.

I worked on a B-25J at Oshkosh, and that was a thrill.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:06 pm

Crazy stuff!!!

I reckon the US has made the best ground attack aircraft in the history of flight, huge firepower, the US crews were good too in WWII according to my Uncle.

He was involved in one of the later battles on the Kokoda trail in New Guinea when our guys were pushing the Japanese back to Lae.

It was in the ranges, Shaggy Ridge, really mountainous terrain, close quarter fighting, the battalions of Queensland farm boys wondered what on earth they had got themselves into....

My uncle was the radio operator for Headquarters company 2/9 Battalion (Darling Downs, South Burnett and wide bay boys, many had been reservist Light Horseman before the war).

One of his jobs was sneeking out at night to lay white marker tape as a guide for the US dive bombers that were based in Port Moresby.

Those boys were brilliant by all accounts, on the money the whole time, like clockwork, very tight margins to work to when dropping their bombs, those airmen saved a lot of Aussie lives in that fight.
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 am

....COPS again tonight....

Sacramento CA....

...Nice brown Khaki uniforms this time.

Bit of over staffing apparent though, mad car thief, not only stole a Honda (that would be a very major offense in my little world!), the dude also stole a '64 GTO....

They had three dog handlers and dogs turn up, the lead guy for the story didn't use his dog though, it originally came from Czechoslovakia when it was a pup, I'd say it may have had trouble understanding English (Sit, noooo don't rip his throat out!).

Anyway, they had a dog in the yard, a dog on the roof, a couple of cops on the roof and about six or seven cops on the ground in the yard.

They all have a discussion about how they are going to get this joker off the roof, the dog handler dude with the immigrant Police dog then wants to get the Fire Brigade in on the act to come down with a ladder to get the perpetrator off the roof and hoist the dog off in a sling.

After stealing both a HONDA and a GTO, I'd reckon a good swift shove would take care of the problem, then a "Quick Fido he's running again" would get Fido off the tin in double quick time.....

Oh man I love this show, keep the Brady Bunch guys, COPS is great!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge