Cincinnati Cops, what's the go there????

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Cincinnati Cops, what's the go there????

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:05 am

Hey Blokes,

Just wondering what the go is with the Cincinnati constabulary?

You see my family and I like watching COPS (and Swamp People, Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Operation Repo, Turtleman, you know all the quality stuff) and the other night we were watching an episode where two skinhead looking dudes started bashing each other and the local Cincinnati cops turned up to sort them out....

Man, these guys looked like they were dressed up in surplus mikman uniforms from the '50's!!!!

White hats, white shirts, all they needed was some white gloves to go with the rest of it.

Cincy guys, write your Governor and get him to change uniforms for these poor blokes, just imagine their dry cleaning bills every month, with blood and goodness knows what else splattered on them every shift, its horrid to think about really, they need more serviceable stuff (NYPD blues look so cool).

:)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Cincinnati Cops, what's the go there????

Postby FootScoot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:50 am

Those white shirts and hats make them easier targets. :laughing-rolling: Seriously, darker shirts and hats would be much better. Our local guys wear dark blue, and have even went back to black cars. :)

I commend you on your choice of programs. They are among my favs. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Hey Footscoot!

Mate I personally believe my family and I have the most impeccable taste in home entertainment viewing :)

I want to write to the producers of these shows to give them a few tips though.....

....In swamp people, we (the family and I) feel the show would benefit more if the 'gator hunters used bigger guns to subdue their prey. Poofy little 22 magnums dont do it Im afraid, they need a minimum of a 12 gauge pump action loaded with SG's.....

Blow the suckers heads clean off, thats the way to do it.

In COPS, they need to show more TASER scenes. Many Aussies (and a tiny minority of our police) seem to be enamored with these devices...

.....One guy was tasered 32 times in a row over here, he unfortunately died from this and there was a coronal inquiry into it???? I'd reckon it had something to do with the number of times the weapon was deployed on him.... (it sucked and was a real low point for both the general high standard of the Police service and also the public).

Don't think the white uniform would catch on in Oz, although it might be neat if they trade the hat for a pith helmet..... :P
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Oh, P.S.

That theme music for COPS, the woodwind guff, it kind of has a touch of the Macabre to it doesn't it???
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ddyke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:27 pm

There is a big argument because we spent money on new uniforms. Cops eat free at our cafeteria. The SWAT boys are all in black and are bad @$$ dudes. I want to see someone go postal in our cafeteria. We counted 28 armed men one day.The badies stay away from our campus. Too many guns. The uniforms may be dumb but the guys are not.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Rob, on behalf of intelligent, thoughtful, and pleasant people in the US, I apologise for all those horrid programs we seem to have excreted on folks down under. I always thought it was a good thing no one outside of the us ever saw that garbage. What you must think of us... Please believe me, those programs are scripted and fake. No one like that lives here, its all fake. Just as there never have been people in the South as stupid as the cast of Dukes of Hazzard, or a whole district of England that seems filled with murderers like in Midsomer.

the other Rob
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FootScoot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:31 pm

They use those 22 mags because they don't tear up the hides. They're basically hunting them for their skins, although they do sell and eat the meat. :) I watch those shows purely for entertainment and shock value. Most of the time I'm on the Science channel, History, Discover or TruTV. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:40 am

Dan no offence intended my friend....

....They just look different to what we are used to over here, but out guys are becoming more and more paramilitary as the years pass....

Rob, I know its fake but we love these shows, they are fun to watch and a bit of escapism for us. One day we would like to come over to the states and experience life there first hand, its something we have always desired to do, so much good stuff there to see and experience....

....Dont know about Oskaloosa in the mid-west though....

....As I related to Harry awhile back, a mate of mine was over there watching dirt track racing and at the end of the event he started helping himself to signage, flags and stuff (as Aussies do, its sort of like a National pastime). Anyway this old dude in his late 60's comes up and told him he wanted what my mate was taking. My mate told him to get stuffed, the old dude pulled out a switchblade and proceeded to slash off a share of the Hoosier flags my friend was taking down...

You dont get this kind of experience riding around in a tourist bus, thats for sure :)

Kind of fun, but the bit I like was the gifting beads to women thing, I think that would be much more fun!!!

Car shows, drag racing, Reno, war museums, tonnes of stuff there to keep us busy guys :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:46 am

Hey Footscoot,

While I think of it, I noticed that you are from Indiana....

....Do you know the town ATHENS in Indiana by any chance???

I ordered a new compound bow from there (company name is Athens as well) for next seasons archery competition.

They are a relatively new company but seem to make some really quality stuff....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:47 am

I think Athens is North of where I live, and is a small town. I'll have to look it up. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby ddyke » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:13 am

I am going to get a Cincinnati Swat guy to pose. No offense taken as the old regular uniforms are dorky. Of course I could send Barb M. to your houses and have her beat the **** out of you. Even the male cops fear her but want her as their partner in the bad neighborhoods.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 am

This topic is getting to be a lot of fun!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FootScoot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:41 am

Go ahead and send her on over Dan. I'm sure she isn't anything a 12 gauge won't take care of. :laughing-rolling: This is fun. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Rob, yes we're just like those shows you mentioned and I assume you folks are all like Mad Max and Crocodile Dundee, right? :whistle:

I moved to NE Indiana from Dayton (right up the road from Cincy) and had some friends there that said the local LEOs weren't too thrilled with the uniforms either....but when they sign your paycheck you wear what they say you wear.

Scoot, don't need a 12 gauge and like Mike Franks on NCIS I don't need 15 9mm rounds when 8 45 ACPs will more than do the job ;)

Rob, the military museum in Auburn Indiana is selling 80 of their vehicles at auction next Saturday "to make room".....(and lower the mortgage) better hurry and get over here before they're all gone!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Mmmm,

Dan did it ever occur to you that some of us (remaining un-named of course) may actually enjoy this "Barb.M" you speak of coming around to "frisk us up"??? :o :roll: :dance:

.... I love dominant women :P

Oh and I resent the insinuation that all Aussies are stereotypes of "Crocodile Dundee" as portrayed by Paul Hogan..... :D

....Paul Hogan is a southerner and going by recent photos of him, has been liking the Tofu bowl too much....

Up here in our part of QLD we prefer to think of ourselves as rural bogans. Sort of like Dukes of Hazzard meets the Beverley Hillbilly's.

I love Mad Max (Road Warrior) though, Although Mel is a yank, he made a bloody good Aussie! In fact you guys keep the Sydney tofu eating bridge painter over there and send Mel back to us, ok?
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge