Back in the hobby, checking out the scene...

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Back in the hobby, checking out the scene...

Postby Bub » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Mike, good on ya! I'm a bit thick, could you help me out with meaning of the license plate? Your car looks excellent BTW!
Bub

Postby Bub » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:57 pm

OK, I get it now... :)
Bub

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah, it's a bit of an esoteric reference for the younger crowd. But all the more common variations of "VANISHING POINT" were taken here in California. I have another "secret" plate from that movie that is NOT taken (yet) and I am contemplating getting it for my subaru as a place holder. Why not eh?
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Welcome back ChallengerGuy
Very nice Challenger :banana-rock:

If all goes well I am hoping to get one early next year, Plum Crazy is supposed to be released again in Feb.
Sublime Metallic Clear Coat is supposed released in May, but we'll have to wait and see!

Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:28 pm

[/quote]Sublime Metallic Clear Coat is supposed released in May, but we'll have to wait and see![/quote]

Sadly, the Green with Envy is about the same, and is NOT Sublime, which makes me VERY sad. I want a Black T/A hood and the side stripe. Then, when I go SCCA racing, I'll make big Magnetic numbers to make it look something like this:

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 pm

There's a lot of talk on the Challenger forums about GWE vs Sublime...IMO, I think a lot of people would sell their GWE if Sublime ever comes out. It's just so much brighter! I am not a huge fan of green but Sublime would win me over. But look at me, I bought a WHITE Challenger...partly due to Vanishing Point, partly due to the hot California sun, partly due to the hard water we have and when I had a black car, lots of water spots. Oh, and my lame attempt at trying to look incognito while driving around town. People talk to me DAILY when I am out and about in it. It's a tough life. The best part is when people call it a Charger. "Officer, this white CHARGER just zoomed down the freeway, going way too fast." Yup, I do not mind it being called a Charger. Too funny.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge