WELL, TODAY'S THE DAY !!

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

WELL, TODAY'S THE DAY !!

Postby BIG E » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 am

Yeah, I know the NASCAR thing will be decided later today, but I'm really looking forward to the first F1 race in the USA (since 2007, I believe) in Austin, Texas at the new Circuit of the Americas facility. The 'green' track was really slippery in practice sessions, but most cars were beginning to get some grip in qualifying. Vettel on the pole, Alonso 9th, but anything can happen in those first few corners. I just hope we have a good race and the championship goes to the final race of the season. I'm pullin' for Fernando in the Ferrari, and I'd like to see Mr. Penske finally get a NASCAR championship, so I'll have to go with Brad in Rusty's old 'Blue Deuce".
However things turn out, I hope everyone enjoys the racing today, and then celebrates by giving the old slot set a good workin' over tonight!

Be safe and have a blast! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: WELL, TODAY'S THE DAY !!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Actually a pretty good finale to TV watching of racing for this year.

I know we have another F1 race to go, but then we'll only have a single race to choose from.

My "recall' button will get a grand workout today.

I would like to see Louis Hamilton put the McLaren on the top of the podium in his last race that manufacturer.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Re: WELL, TODAY'S THE DAY !!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Atta boy, Louis! I recorded the race so I could see it even if I got called away next door, and sure enough, I just now watched it. Next year is going to be insane. Hamilton at M-B, Perez at McLaren, and who knows what else will happen.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge