Hey Guys, Why I was gone for a while.

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Hey Guys, Why I was gone for a while.

Postby cantstopnow » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:30 pm

So last time I was here I was back at work putting the workmans comp thing behind me. While I was on workmans comp we where dealing with some medical issues with My Beautiful Wife of thirty years Doni. They where following a "growth" found in Donis brain. This had been going on for years and had seemed to become an issue we would have to be concerned with anymore. Last August I got a call from Doni that she thought she was having a heart attack, I called 911 and left work so fast my boss was not even sure what was going on. Well, we found out that Doni has advanced stage liver cancer and that Her kidneys are failing. Her health had declined so fast that she would not survived treatments. Doni is now on Hospice Services, I took FMLA from work and staying home to care for her. Doni lost her ability to walk about three months ago and is now on a lot of pain medication. Being a full time care giver is not a easy task, but something that I wanted to do. How with all the test did the Doctors miss this is something that we don't talk about, we can't change it so why waste the time talking about it. We are taking one day at a time, and doing our best to enjoy what time we have left. Our Kids and Grand kids have really stepped up to help us, very proud of them. I will keep you guys updated as to how things here are going. I have some spare time, and went back to the slot car table. That's what I meant when I posted "It's good therapy"

Thanks Guys, John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Hey Guys, Why I was gone for a while.

Postby slothead » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:13 pm

John - we're all in this with you and Dori. Thanks for sharing, it helps remind us all what's most important and how precious loved ones are.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:18 pm

John - I'm so sorry to hear about Doni's condition. I'd hoped you were just busy with school/work/life as to why we'd not seen you in awhile.

Thoughts and prayers heading your way my friend.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dundee Denny » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do for your wife, and hoping that the slots distraction helps in that important task.

In our thoughts!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:56 pm

John, you have to take care of yourself, too. In the space of 5 years, I was caregiver to first my father, then my mother, with hospice helping immensely. They even had a program that allowed me to take off for a weekend with my fellow caregivers, my wife and mother. Later, with my mother, hospice was even more helpful. Even at that, with so much help, my wife and I both were surprised at how much those years took out of us. Be careful with your strength because you will need all of it at this tragic time. Our best thoughts and prayers go to you and Dori.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Very sorry to hear this and truly hope the best for your situation.

If there is anything we can do to assist you in your bench time “therapy” just give me a call anytime. I will send you a PM.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby munter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 am

Sorry to read this, John W.

I will send a wave of positive caring thoughts your way from the deep south South Pacific.......

From another John W.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 am

My best hopes to you and your family.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge