[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I CAN see again! (grand finale)

I CAN see again! (grand finale)

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

I CAN see again! (grand finale)

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Well, sort of. The eye that was operated on is incredible by itself. I am having a terrible time with the other one. The other eye gets operated on Thursday and I can't wait.

I'm trying to make an illustration of before and after. More later.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: I will see again!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 pm

That's super cool!
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Great news! Best of luck for Thursday.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Outstanding news.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby vonsirius » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:00 pm

:text-bravo:
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:48 pm

:text-goodpost: I always like to hear good news. :clap:
Sounds like you made it to the right Doctor in time. :idea:
Just don't push your luck, slow and easy will win the race in the end. :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving:

bigman :text-thankyouyellow:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:26 am

Good news indeed. Wish you the best on the second eye as well
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:53 pm

That's terrific news Rob!
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby FC47 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Aces Man!, hang in there!!

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:15 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: I CAN see again! (grand finale)

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:21 pm

Today was the last follow up on the cataract surgeries, and incredibly, my eyes are now 20-20 and 20-25. That's from legally unable to drive when all this got started. I went to get new glasses, and they couldn't see through the cataracts on either side to do the exam. The Dr looked at me all sympathetic and said, "Can you read?" That's when she set me up for the surgeon.

Of course the color and brightness from the above post is twice as good now as it was before the second eye was done yesterday- yes, yesterday was the second eye surgery, and today's follow-up got these results already. They may get even better in the next two weeks!

Just to give a context to these numbers, 20-20 is considered a standard for perfect vision, and 20-10 allowed Ted Williams to see the laces on a pitch coming at him to tell whether it was a going to be a curve or a fastball. Knowing that, imagine what went through my brain when the results came in. WOOHOO!

Oh yeah, and my heart is just fine. No problem.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Great news Rob! Good to about the ol ticker too! Bad thing is, now you can see just how bad my builds really are!!

Bob uhh
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby bookie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:22 pm

:banana-dance:
My wife had the surgery when we still lived in Florida. Now the coke bottles are gone and she only uses readers.
PS Take care of the heart
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. Those results are spectacular Rob.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:02 pm

How does this look?

Posted using iPad with Tapatalk Pro
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge