[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Painting 101

Painting 101

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Re: Painting 101

Postby DAVE » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:48 pm

I had the lead sled body and I just couldn't imagine it in anything else than metalflake. A lot more
work than it is worth, but it came out alright. Thanks for the positive responses, guys. That is
what makes it worth doing.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:25 pm

The metal specks paint looks great, I might have to give it a try. I haven't used Future for a long time. You guys build great looking cars.

I never tried brushing. I actually dipped the body and hung it up to let it dry! That always worked pretty good. I might try brushing one to see how it comes out. I just am not real good with a brush.

Basically, I know when I open a bottle of paint to do a drivber, I will knock the bottle over sooner or later!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Brushing is easy and you don't have to be good at it. Walking away and letting it settle makes you look good :)

If you get heavy and it drips off the lower edges, use a paper towel to wick the excess from the bottom.

When dry, please try using a good auto polish. You won't believe the difference it makes.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Revver » Sun May 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Any forum members using any of the following low cost solutions?

Spraying water based acrylics mixed w windshield cleaning fluid.

Spraying water based acrylics mixed w Mop N' Glow.

Chrome using aluminium foil and glue as a substitute for Bare Metal foil.
Revver

Postby chappy » Sun May 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Harry I see you have the duplicolor chrome in your arsenal.
I am looking for a good chrome for a little project , what do you think of it, and do you put a semigloss or gloss black on first?
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun May 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Interesting!
I use the acrylics for painting on the inside of my lexan bodies - but haven't tried them for the hard bodies.
I REALLY like the durability of the Duplicolor paints / clear for cars that will be "raced"...
Wonder how the durability would be with an acrylic base and then top coated with Duplicolor clear... :think:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun May 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention Revver - THANK YOU for posting the videos! :handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun May 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Dave -
Thanks for the heads up! I will have to give that a shot then! :handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:38 pm

I have been using an acrylic primer as well as acrylic paints exclusively for health reasons. I have never had any luck wet sanding the acrylic primer on a resin body. Is there a trick to this other than not using an acrylic primer?
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:31 pm

glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Paint Booth