[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - resin body paint

resin body paint

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

resin body paint

Postby rjdadrf@yahoo.com » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 pm

I am having problems with paint on my resin bodies.
the paint never seems to dry.
I clean and dry my bodies with a good cleaner.
I use testors paint on my bodies.
I let the pint dry for about a week before I try to mount any parts
.the paint always seems to be tacky to the touch.

any help would be very nice
thanks
rjdadrf@yahoo.com

Re: resin body paint

Postby munter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:35 am

munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby onesixtyfour » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:52 am

Most resin casters these days use silicone rubber molds to cast parts, myself included.This causes a thin film to remain on the casting afterwards. I recommend soaking the resin parts in a good quality liquid dish soap mixed in warm water for 30 minutes. Then wash the parts under warm running water cleaning them with more liquid dish soap using a small toothbrush. Place the washed parts on a dish towel and let them air dry.
If you still have problems, try washing the resin parts with acetone using a small toothbrush, then wash the parts with liquid dish soap and let them air dry.
Your problem could be that the cleaner you're using on the resin is leaving a thin film of the chemical on the resin, and is reacting with the paint. Even when cleaning with acetone, the parts still have to be washed completely as described above.
onesixtyfour

Postby rjdadrf@yahoo.com » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:23 am

I use dawn dish soap to clean the bodies with and a brush.
I use testors primer and paint
I will try the acetone on my bodies

thanks again
rjdadrf@yahoo.com

Return to The Paint Booth