Peel & stick decal question

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Peel & stick decal question

Postby Mickey thumbs » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Does anyone have experience with Pattos’ Peel & Stick decals? How does quality and ease of use compare to waterslide? I’m planning on buying his JagXJR9 Castrol livery.
Mickey thumbs

Re: Peel & stick decal question

Postby Slot GT » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:13 pm

I use them all the time on my slot car builds. Very easy to use. The colors are vibrant. Just trim the decal as close as you can so there isn't too much edge to the decal. The nice thing is if you get the the decal on crooked or misaligned, just peel it off and reapply it. Then you can clear the decals with your favorite clear coat.

Here''s some cars I've done with Pattos.

Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:12 am

I recently bought some Pattos peel and stick decals to put on Lexan HO NASCAR type bodies. They are high quality with sharp printing. In my case the decals were not quite the right size. I chose 1/64th scale, and those decals would have been a perfect fit on a 1/64th scale diecast body, but HO cars are seldom in perfect 1/64th scale. I had to cut up the decals and make the pieces fit together. I could have asked for a custom size, like 1/72nd, that would have worked better.
The peel and stick decals are thicker than waterslide decals, they should hold up to some abuse without needing a clear coat, but a clear coat might help to hide the edges of the decals.
I used peel and stick decals on 1/24th and 1/32nd scale cars in the past and had little trouble positioning them, with HO cars that is more difficult. It helps to put soapy water on both the body and the decal before you lay it down.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:18 am

Ditto.

I have used them on my stockers. Just trim closely as already mentioned. Very durable and that makes them great for some cars that see hard racing.

They are NOT for all cars or if you want your markings to appear as close to scale as possible. They won't "snuggle" down into body mold lines. Some folks want that "painted on" appearance, so these are not ideal for that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to The Paint Booth