[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fantasy Marlboro with surprise paint MI 24hr 2019

Fantasy Marlboro with surprise paint MI 24hr 2019

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Fantasy Marlboro with surprise paint MI 24hr 2019

Postby Secret Squirrel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:48 am

I was going to hold off on this, but I am way to exciited!!!! I present Grizzly racings bodies for the 2019 Michigan 24hr race!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to do fantasy tribut to the late great Ayrton Senna since he never had a chance to cross compete like Alonso, Webber and others like today. I hope I did his helmet justice, it was all freehand except the Marlboro decal. Close up you can see the uneven lines, but in hand it looks much better. I still have another to paint also. Bodies are not 100% together but close enough.

Twist this year, glow in the dark paint!!! That's right, Grizzly Racing will be the first team to use glow in the dark paint in the Michigan 24hr race!!! The glow effect will last the entire night segment of racing, and will make it easier for our drivers to keep track of where our car is.

Enjoy!!

20190305_091520.jpg
20190302_100605.jpg
20190305_091432.jpg
Secret Squirrel

Re: Fantasy Marlboro with surprise paint MI 24hr 2019

Postby Secret Squirrel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:51 am

20190305_092035.jpg
20190305_085744.jpg
Secret Squirrel

Postby Secret Squirrel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:53 am

20190304_122643.jpg
20190304_122720.jpg
Secret Squirrel

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:29 am

WOW, that is sharp!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:44 am

That guy could wring out a car,
You did a really nice job there, pretty cool!!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:45 am

Very well done. The livery fits that GT-1 excellently and the helmet detail makes the car Senna’s.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Secret Squirrel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:10 am

Just above the drivers door, I have A. Senna and the Brazilian flag.
Secret Squirrel

Postby F1Fan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:50 pm

Very nice!

Bodies look great, in one of my all time favorite liveries, the lines are crisp and clean, excellent job.

A bit of trivia and a little known fact, but the late great Ayrton Senna made his maiden and only appearance in Group C sports cars at the Nürburgring in 1984. ...in the Le Mans-winning Porsche 956 alongside Stefan Johansson and that year's Le Mans champion.

I have done many slot cars in this livery, here is my Mosler attempt from a couple of years ago, using the orange and decals from the Penske Indycar livery: (the orange was more day-glo and the Marlboro font was different than the F1 cars)

F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Secret Squirrel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Holy crap!!! That is very good.
Secret Squirrel

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 pm

WOW! Those look great!
And slick idea on the glowing paint for night racing! :handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby VTECFOUR » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:09 pm

This is timely as I've got a 1/24 BMW M1 Marlboro build in the wings.

Secret Squirrel and F1Fan, what brand paint did you use for the day-glo?

Thanks.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Secret Squirrel » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:13 pm

I used createx 5409 fluorescent orange
Secret Squirrel

Postby F1Fan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi Dan

The car was painted awhile ago and I have a few oranges :D - cans of Tamiya orange on my shelf, I do however think this car was painted with Tamiya PS-20 which is a paint for polycarbonate (Lexan). It is not compatible with all paints and it dries with a matte finish, so it needs a clear.

This is not the same orange (red) as was used on the F1 McLaren cars, but it is more similar to some of the Penske Indy cars

BTW, I was hoping you would be working on your entry for the GT3 proxy.....?

Cheers

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:02 pm

Thanks for the paint info, guys.

@ F1fan - I've lost a bit of enthusiasm to enter the GT3 Proxy. Been enjoying building scratchbuilds lately just for the fun of building. I do however have a NSR extra hard sidewinder motor pod coming from the UK.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:37 am

What brand of Glow In The Dark paint did you use?
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Paint Booth