[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Morris Mini

Scalextric Morris Mini

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Scalextric Morris Mini

Postby JESIV » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:38 pm

I wanted something different for the proxy that I ended up not entering. Just as well, I have a unique car to race now. Also, I found a new (to me) clear coat that works really well. However, I found out the hard way not to use too stiff a brush to apply it. The right side decals took a hit but such is life. I still love this little car.

the clear I used is Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane Clear Gloss. I tested it on another car to see how it liked the decals (the lotus 7 in my other thread) and it's fine with the decals, it was the brush I used on this car that caused problems. I went to a softer brush for the rest of the car and there were absolutely no issues.

As always, thanks for looking.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextric Morris Mini

Postby JESIV » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 pm

That was the look I was going for!
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:14 am

Lovely Mini! Well done!

Scratched decals just look as though he got too close to the roadside bushes - great.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:34 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 am

Thank you, Thank you!
Good call guys..It has that 'raced' look to it :clap: I like it!

It does look good next to that Cortina. I actually used that Cortina as a 'guide' and that's how I came up with the black background for the numbers. I actually had to hand paint the black over a white decal and then apply the number on top of that.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:32 pm

I have a couple of those which came in a set. Now I'm tempted to do something with one.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Great color combo! Nice looking car!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Digging the Alan Mann look! Nice job!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby FootScoot » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Great looking Mini! I have a thing for the li'l fellers. It's great seeing them run around the track. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 am

that came out great. although that light will see its doom!!! ;)
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Paint Booth