[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New AMT Decals

New AMT Decals

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

New AMT Decals

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Saw these today at my local hobby shop visit. A good portion of these would work in 1/32 as well as 1/24.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: New AMT Decals

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Yes, I am that old. I remember those from "3 in 1" kits. The kits were $1.50US, more in CDN dollars where I lived at the time, and they absolutely "made" the models I built because we were too poor, and too crowded in the little house to paint my cars. All those cars lined up on my shelf, all white, with decals.

I would have stunk up the house worse than the nasty smell of cabbage boiling if I painted. It says a lot about the kids I knew in Southern Ontario, (London South), that my memories are all happy from those years. Great memories, nearly all involving slot cars and model cars. The rest are memories of being taught to ice skate (I was from the Gulf Coast of Louisiana, and skating to me was something girls did on sidewalks with skates clamped to their shoes!).
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bigman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 am

I'll keep a eye out for them :auto-checkeredflag:

:text-thankyouyellow: bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:31 pm

Ok , not sure if this would be the right forum for this question , and if it isn't , please send me to the right one . I want to do a Junior Johnson car , what I a looking for is a place to get the decals for his car . If anyone can point me in the right direction to find them
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Try Patto's ...which i believe there is a link on our site here on front page?!?! When you go to his site either look under the number you want or the "J's" for junior Johnson!! That would be my best guess!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:00 am

For those of us without a local hobby shop - do any of the hobby sites featured on HRW have these AMT decals in stock? If not, can anyone recommend an online resource?

Thanks.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:36 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby WB2 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:43 am

Or you could order them through Harry’s LHS: https://www.hobby1.com/catalogsearch/re ... =Amtmka023
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 am

Yep that will work.

In your location, you really need to welcome a Google search.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:45 pm

I use Google for info, but follow some basic principles for purchases:

1) Walk in hobby shop. If a store has slot car stuff i ALWAYS buy something, typically spend $50 - $100. Can't complain about a lack of hobby stores if I don't patronize them.

2) HRW sponsors - SCC, etc. If SCC has it I'm done shopping. Otherwise I will check out the other places with links on the forum index page. Unless I really need something bad I often stop at this point.

3) Other online resources I've used before - Professor Motor, Electric Dreams, Hobby Link, etc. Or ones someone I trust recommends. I trust HRW folks.

4) Last by a long way - Ebay or other online options. Why? I don't do auctions. Tell me what it costs and if I want it at that price I'll buy it now. Also, if an Ebay seller disappears who notices? If any of the above dealers went away I'd miss them. I think I've only purchased 1 thing off Ebay in my life. Nothing from Amazon.

When I ask for help finding something it's in hopes someone in the HRW family has it. If so I'll get it from them, even if it costs a few $ more. I don't just buy stuff from anyone. Old fashioned like that. Got it from my dad.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Well I respect all of that. I follow those rules.

But after exhausting those...sometimes it's just what we have to do.

Ebay has a "Buy it now" option for many items. I don't "bid" on anything anymore either.

The shop listed by WB2 is where I bought the first decals in this topic. They are a long time hobby shop only a couple hours drive from HRW where my kids live. I visit and support when I can.

Given your location, when you ask...I try to find a source more geographically friendly.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:43 pm

I went to the Mark Twain Hobbies site and put 2 sets of decals in my cart, then decided what the heck, while I'm at it why not get that new Carrera #76 Torino too. It will be a good running mate for the two '70 Cyclones I'm building using Pioneer Charger chassis. But, they don't have it so I'm holding off. If I get the decals with the car I can qualify for free shipping.

I used to travel a lot and back when you could count on there being a Yellow Pages book in the hotel room I'd look up hobby shops in town and visit a few. Now on a road trip if I can plan ahead I search in advance for hobby shops along the way. Nothing like shaking a hobby shop owner's hand and thanking them for carrying slot car stuff.

Harry - I have tremendous respect for your comments and advice, despite the fact you've cost me thousands of dollars over the past few years. I bought 5 slot cars in June, each of them directly connected to a review or post on HRW. I might still be into slot cars without HRW, but I wouldn't be in as deep or have good people to share it with.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby WB2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:15 am

Mark Twain are good guys. I raced RC cars with the owner back in the mid-‘80s.
Best selection of slot cars in the St. Louis metro area. Huge RC department; slot cars in HO, 1/43, and 1/32; all sorts of models; and model trains.
Readily available by phone seven days a week. Talk to Darren or Robert about slot cars. I’m sure they’d be willing to hold that a Torino for your order.
They also have Revo Slot, Policar, Scale Auto, and Avant Slot cars that don’t appear on the website.
I’m not getting paid for this plug.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Paint Booth