[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pledge Revive it - Future

Pledge Revive it - Future

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Pledge Revive it - Future

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:59 pm

We had one report I think, but just in case...it is the same product.

Tested on several cars...same thing as it has always been.

Brushed on a coat on the Ford here and results are as I expected.

Hope it helps.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Pledge Revive it - Future

Postby dge467 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Nice! Thanks for the heads up!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:32 pm

Wow. How many names has corporate America slapped on a product that actually works?!?

Thanks for keeping up, Harry.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Broman62 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks Harry for being the guinea pig :lol: ...it answered my previous post!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:14 am

It is good to know that these products are actually the same. As I mentioned in another thread if I was still working I could get some Revive It analyzed. In my opinion S C Johnson has renamed the product so many times that many consumers probably have become confused. The original use for Future was on no-wax vinyl floors. That type of floor has mostly gone out of fashion and I believe that the name change was intended to suggest new uses for the product.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:04 pm

So, I clear coat mine with the appropriate brand gloss coat( Tamiya, Testors, etc.) to protect the decals. Are you guys using this on top of something like that or as a replacement for the gloss coat?
It looks wonderful based on Harry's example posted.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Mike, it's a replacement. With the variety of decals and paints used around here, we just use this as it is safe for almost all decals.

Some clearcoats are "hot" and can wrinkle/orange peel some paints and decals.

Is it as durable as a regular clear? No.

It also works as a decal setting solution. Sometimes we use old set decals and the adhesive on back is literally gone.

It does not "yellow" over time anymore than a regular clear like Tamiya or Duplicolor. Nothing is perfect forever.

I give 2 coats of this and then hand buff with car wax. Good to go racing.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Thanks Harry, less chances of me mixing up the clear coat for sure.
Really like that you can brush it on. I will do this on my Lola T70 for the Can Am proxy.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:32 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Seen the same thing on cars “cleared” with conventional methods. There is such a varied end result on models that nothing is foolproof.

The hosts/applications of lane stickers on the models are simply nothing we can plan for.

One of the reasons we don’t use them here. Our drivers know what lane they are in and with a small group, no need to have them.

A light buffing with mild car polish (liquid/non abrasive) goes a long way in preventing sticker adhesive from doing harm. Try a inexpensive wax like Turtle Way Express shine.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:25 pm

So I am doing a combo of covering. I used Tamiya Camel yellow for my Lola, so I applied two light coats of their clear coat.
I am in the process of applying a second coat of Future, I actually had some left over from model airplane building days. (We used those 1/72 models as pieces for a 3D combat game.).

Overkill? Probably but since I had already sprayed the Tamiya clear, why not.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Not really. Just a light shine coat. Won’t hurt a thing.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RichD » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:56 am

Future is not very durable and will not protect decals for long. A solvent based clear coat gives much better protection, but it can be risky to use because the solvent may attack the decals. To minimize that risk once I place the decals I coat them with Future to act as a barrier and put the solvent based clear over that. Once in a while the finish coat that I use may not come out with a glossy finish, a few coats of Future will make it shine. After a year or two of racing the finish on a car may become dull, a coat of Future will make it look new. You can put Future right over clear glass.
It is too bad that nobody makes lane stickers for HO cars, you have to use stickers that are made for other purposes. My track does not use the standard color code, the lanes are red, yellow, blue and green and it happens that Avery makes a sheet of dots with all of those colors. Otherwise you have to scour office supply sites and buy individual rolls of stickers that are the right colors. The adhesive on the Avery stickers is just about perfect as long as they are not too old. With other stickers I have had a problem with the paint lifting when the stickers were removed. I have also encountered stickers that did not stick to anything, even if they were new. You don't want to have a sticker fall off during a race.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks for confirming this Harry! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:32 am

Ok, my question is this, do you dip into the future, pledge, before or after you put the glass in, and if the cars already have their glass in will it fog up the glass
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Paint Booth