Pledge Revive it - Future

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Re: Pledge Revive it - Future

Postby mattb » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:15 am

I second what Rich posted above. I have used Pledge on a few cars where I had concern about the decals. Usually Pattos or decals I printed at home. I brush one or two coats and let it dry a day or two and then do the usual clear lacquer on top of that. I usually like to use clear lacquer, but that can be a crap shoot sometimes. Usually light mist coats and then full coats later. Usually no problem with model kit decals and Indycals products.

I also use Pledge on my car interiors and the black plastic stuff on the outside. Usually two heavy coats applied with a cloth. No buffing or anything, but it leaves a glossy finish on your plastic dash, not for everybody.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:07 am

It seems like everybody has their own way. People have dipped the whole body, then do elaborate things to deal with the drips, but I lazy. I brush it on rather heavily with an artist brush. To get the best result, you need to take advantage of the levellers in the Future by loading the brush each time. Using a brush, it doesn't matter if the glass is in or not. I used to spray it from an air brush, and it did fine on the window glass anyway.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby 32lbking » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:38 pm

I am about to try Revive It for the first time. I want to brush it on and I have some questions...
1. What size brush should I use to do the body [1/24th]?
2. How much drying time between coats?
3. Also, how long for the Revive It to dry before applying a clear coat, if I choose to go that route?
Thanks,
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Well the Pledge/Future is your clear coat. It is acrylic and other spray clears are not safe to go over it.

I use a smaller 1/2 inch brush.

I wait about 20-30 minutes between coats.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby 32lbking » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks Harry. Thats what I needed. :D
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:20 am

I put Testors clear over Future all of the time with no problems at all. I have also done OK with Krylon Crystal Clear. It does not hurt to run a test if you want to use a new combination of base coat/decals/clear/Future. Just start with some scrap plastic and allow each layer to dry long enough before you put on the next layer. Paint gets re-formulated from time to time, if you get a new can it is a good idea to run a test before you use it on a project.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Paint Booth