[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Colored Molotow Pens?? BEWARE!!!

Colored Molotow Pens?? BEWARE!!!

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Re: Colored Molotow Pens?? BEWARE!!!

Postby Fathead59 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:15 pm

I mean I saw that used a plastic box and a box fan as a paint booth, would have never thought of that
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 am

P1010003.JPG

P1010001.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:16 pm

I have a quick question, if you were to spray the car with a sealer before dipping in into the future would that help with the pens, I mean after using the pens spray it with a sealer then dip it in the future? Just trying to see if they one has tried that. Planning on buying a couple of the other colors . And want to know as much as possibly , better to ask as many questions in is forum then trying it out first to find out that it didn't work.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:17 pm

And I am planning on building my own paint booth also. It is better than having to keep spraying them outside
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Fathead, be sure to design good lighting in your booth plans. Many a good idea for a paint booth has been made a nuisance because it was not as well lit as the builder thought. I wonder if the white styrofoam meat tray diffuser could be the walls for a booth with the actual light sources completely outside of the booth?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby mattb » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Any type of sealer will turn Molotow gray unless it
is waterbased.

I made my spray booth (shown above) with $15 and a trip to Walmart and about 30 minutes of construction time.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Thank you Mattb, that was a very good idea for a paint booth, I was building plastic models in my spare time with work and just sprayed them out side, no need to now . I picked up everything I need to build my own.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Thank you Way, that was something I really didn't think about, maybe I will get one of those lights that they have for cabinets, the press on kind, cover it with plastic so it doesn't get covered with overspray
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Just be sure to get incandescent lights, because fluorescents distort color. You can be very happy with a nice blue paintjob, take it out and presto! Magic! Its dirty green. Oops.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:36 am

Do you brush on that type of sealer or do you spray it on , I have been looking on getting a air spraying set up with a small air compressor
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:04 am

You can brush the Pledge/Future with good results. Just put it on thick and let it flow out.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Paint Booth