[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - foil tutorial

foil tutorial

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

foil tutorial

Postby tin_indians » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:04 pm

Is there such a thing on here? I did a search but came up with nothing. One of those YouTube videos would go a long way to help us (non) experienced newbs.
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: foil tutorial

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Maybe we can convince a couple of the masters on here to do that very thing.

Free slotburgers for the authors :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:44 pm

I am very confident that I can demonstrate with agility, how to make a mess of foil. Youtube doesn't have the frame rate to catch how fast it all goes down the pot as soon as I touch the stuff.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Wobble » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 am

I'm foiled with foil.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:04 am

Don't fear the foil! I enjoy foiling. I'll be foiling a car next week so I'll get a little how to together as I go. Won't be a you tube video though just an article you can read & photos. With a bit of practice it's not really that hard. The best part is you can't mess it up, if you lay a bit you don't like, just remove it & try again.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:37 am

I purchased some foil adhesive and was going to experiment with it, but then my Chrome Pens arrived before I got around to it. They worked so well that I've still never gotten around to trying the foil.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Good idea! Thanks guys getting me off the hook!!! :laughing-rolling: But seriously, I can do one also if you guys don't think you can get around to doing it.

Update,

Hey, I found the old how to I did a few years back! Hope it helps! A video would be cool too!!
Last edited by dge467 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby chappy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:51 pm

I know about the foil, man its great stuff , i learned all about it in a movie called slap shot with Paul Newman and the Hanson Brothers putting on the foil.
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Fitzy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Fitzy - as a GM A-Body guy - just send me both of those gorgeous Chevelles!!! I love long-roofs and that wagon is fantastic!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Fitzy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Dave That Chevelle Wagon was a 70 my Dad ordered that car new from Bumstead Chevrolet in Troy, NY with a 402 and a 4spd I'll never forget riding in the back seat as a kid my Dad and the crew had done a lot of work to it and it was drag raced for few years wish i could find it now to restore it were not sure where it ended up here is a picture of it parked in front of Pfeiffer's Speed Shop were he worked

That Orange One is Actually a 75 Oldsmobile Cutlass which is a Car my Mom drove been pinned in the bag seat of that one few times too! and the 70 Chevelle SS is the car I want to build one of these days!
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:49 pm

I had a '73 Cutlass Supreme 455 as a loaner car when some serious warranty work was being done on my car. The dealer was trying to sell me on a hotter car while my cheap racer was being fixed from a stupid design flaw. For over a week, my newlywed wife and I shaded the hell out of my old bachelor buddies on the street scene. The next time I had that feeling was a '73 Mustang Mach 1 loaner while my '65 Mustang was being fixed (upgraded).
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:04 am

Love that '75 Cutlass!
My Dad still has his '75 Supreme he bought new - lot of great memories around that car! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby tin_indians » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:34 am

Aside from the Hanson brothers putting on foil..(great movie by the way), has anyone else got a film about putting on foil yet? :lol:
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:40 am

"Yeah, old time hockey! Old time hockey- Old time hockey!"
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to The Paint Booth