Had some time to get my next Vette ready for paint. Stripped this one again with brake fluid I tried 70% alcohol and would not touch it just made it soft after a day so if some could chime in and let me know whats up with using it i would like to try it again. I put my order in last night with Patto's so hope they arrive when I get back from vacation. Looking at finishing it up for April 22 the next NEC race in Mass . Thanks for checking it out, Glenn
Got Primer on it tonight. I like to use Tamiya surface primer in White makes for a good base for bright colors.By the end of the week I will have my base color on then have to wait for decals to put the second color on. Thanks for looking!, Glenn
Ok Bruce - you asked, so here is - the painful results of this nightmare! I got back from vacation and decals were waiting so I laid out my colors and started painting. I got all three colors down and found out my base silver was rubbing off and the two other colors did not stick to it. So I stripped it all back down with only 3 days to do it all over again. The paint went well then I got to the decals. I used micro decal set and it attacked the decals. So at this point I had 16 hrs before I was leaving for the race so I dealt with it and laid two heavy coats of clear on and set it quick with a hair dryer which works very well. I knew I still had to make sure the clear was hard before I started to put all the details back into the body. So I had the bright idea to put it in the oven on low with the door cracked open to bake the clear while my wife and I went to dinner. Yup this body was never meant to be. I will do this livery over just a little slower next time!