[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fly T-70 Repaint

Fly T-70 Repaint

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Fly T-70 Repaint

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:04 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Fly T-70 Repaint

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:21 pm

That's great, Sarge. You really made a great looking car. Right down to the Chevy orange engine. Chevy orange (in lots of models), is different from Ford (Cleveland) orange, like the 451 Cleveland. Yeah, I know, that's rivet counting, but I feel like getting it right should be recognized, whether its an accident or not!

Its because I first learned about the engine paints when I was modifying my 289 in my '65 Mustang. I was harvesting old 351 Windsor heads and valve covers to make a bolt-on modification, and learned to look for blue 351s to be sure I was getting the right ones while I was testing junkyard heads. The Windsor engines were all dark blue. So, when I found good ones and had them reworked, which included stripping the paint, I had them painted black to match my 289. To a casual observer, it didn't look like it had been modified at all. I was very proud of that engine, and it ran like a striped *ss ape! Coupled to a Rockcrusher '73 Mach-1 4-speed, it was the fastest car I ever had. Zooom!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Wobble » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Nice colour on a nice car and the mods you've done top it off nicely indeed.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Very nice Dave!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Audi1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Looks nice!
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:33 am

Like the relivery! The dark green looks great on there and the addition of the injector stacks and pipes are a nice touch!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to The Paint Booth