[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Slot Cave..... Means New Paint Booth

New Slot Cave..... Means New Paint Booth

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

New Slot Cave..... Means New Paint Booth

Postby Gameover » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:29 pm

Before we moved i had done. Nice write up on a cheap cardboard paint booth. Well this round i bought these 2x2 plywood panels for $2.99 each and reused the light but bought a new fan for $12 since the other one was so crusty. I also added a furnace filter this time. Notice i have doors with himges. I love em. Keeps heat and fumes in. Im very happy with the result!!

The 40 sedan for shotgun my son is building into a hot rod!

And my Wise Industries Buick for the Sportsman race :)

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Re: New Slot Cave..... Means New Paint Booth

Postby btaylor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Very nice Steve-o! simple and effective. might have to copy your design on that!
Thanks for sharing.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Hey Steve, build a scaled down version of this for turning the model while you paint!Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Great job, that's how you do it :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mattb » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:54 pm

This is the version I built for $15 . I bought the plastic box and fan at Walmart for about $15. Furnace filters are cheap, but it does go thru them. I use 2 and replace the one in front pretty often. I have one filter taped in permanent and the another one that lays against it. The taped filter is always clean and the outer is the one I replace. P1010003.JPGP1010004.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:37 am

Here is a spray booth that I built a few years ago.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Very noce booths guys. And yes bob that would be neat :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:11 am

what are you guys using for fans that are "spark" fire safe?

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RV Racing » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Bruce, I use a Grainger squirrel-cage fan that locates the electric motor outside of the paint/fume airstream. The fan is connected to a duct that vents the fumes outside of the garage. I think that isolating the electrics from the fumes is important for safety when using solvent-based paints.

Rick V.

RV Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:16 pm

I just use a cheap bath fan from menards. Vented out side.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby RichD » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:11 am

I used a NuTone bathroom vent fan from Home Depot, it is a non-sparking type. Downstairs the booth gets connected to ductwork that goes outside. When I use the booth upstairs I have some Lexan that fits in a window and the booth connects to that.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:05 pm

use the cheap Walmart fan and will take my chances.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:40 pm

I REALLY need to build one of these!
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Todd you better get going :). My mode A was brush painted cause this wasnt up and running yet. All part of the patina i guess.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:24 pm

That paint job looks right at home on the model A!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to The Paint Booth