[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Decal Paper

Decal Paper

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Decal Paper

Postby Oscar Racing » Thu May 12, 2016 6:59 pm

I was wondering if someone could recommend a good decal paper?

I have a HP laser printer and the designs all laid out, but was wondering if someone had decal paper that they preferred...

Water-slide or peel and stick...

Searched "The Paint Booth" saw plenty of places to buy decals, but just need the paper...

Thank you....
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Decal Paper

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu May 12, 2016 8:07 pm

I buy the Testors decal paper. I get it at Hobby Lobby.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu May 12, 2016 9:08 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:30 pm

I use Bel Decal paper, easy to find their website with a Google search. I have very good results with their clear inkjet paper, and have had a lot of success with the clear (blue) laser paper and an alps when I had it working.

From what I have seen, this is the same paper Testors cuts in half and repackages.

If you are going to make only a few, then it's continent to use the Testors packs... If you making a lot of decals, it's worth buying direct
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:59 pm

I discovered a neat trick while printing stickers that should also work with decals. I had lots of small pieces left over when I didn't need a whole sheet, and figured a way to use them.

Let's say you want one small decal, you've found the file and copied and pasted it, but it takes about an inch of the whole sheet.

First print your decal design on plain paper. Next, glue enough decal paper on to cover the design completely, I usually make it a bit bigger to be safe.

Load the same sheet of paper decal bit down, and print again.

Cut out your decal as usual, dip in water and slide off and onto your car. The extra paper behind is left with the decal backing.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Fri May 13, 2016 1:02 am

Keith that is an awesome tip. I will definitely use this in the future.
Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Fri May 13, 2016 2:55 am

I have some Bell Decal, but ended up being a bad batch, no refund just fessed up, When printed on, it released from the backing paper.,(laser) Alps
I now use http://www.tangopapadecals.com/paper.htm with great results I buy the 8-1/2 x 14
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Oscar Racing » Fri May 13, 2016 6:21 am

Thank you everyone, we have used the Testors in the past, but this helps a lot, once again Thank you..... :text-thankyouyellow:
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat May 14, 2016 6:34 am

I use the Testors paper and it works well, it does look like it is actually Bell paper that has been cut in half however. I got some decal paper that was defective, the decals printed out OK, but fell apart when they got wet, even though they had been coated. I can't recall who made that paper. Testors paper is only for inkjet printers, you need special paper for laser printers.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Paint Booth