[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - need help with a logo

need help with a logo

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

need help with a logo

Postby mattb » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:59 pm

general-1959-travelon-trailer-special-of-jim-hurtubise.jpgMost of you have seen the Indy cars I cast and that my guys race at the local commercial track. One guy wants to do the Travel On Trailer special Watson roadster. He has the car running and painted, but needs the Travel on script to put on the sides and the numbers. I have a picture attached to show the script. I need somebody more computer savvy then me to design that script or copy it from some script online and make it look reasonably similiar. If it can be emailed to me, then I will size it and print it on decal paper. Anybody that can do this without a lot of time invested? I'll reward you with something you can use! One solid color is fine.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: need help with a logo

Postby Beast Lee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:52 pm

I could certainly do that for you...

Ron...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:14 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Beast Lee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Will this work for you...?

Just let me know what adjustments you need, and I'll correct it after our club racing tonight...

Ron...
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Ron let me see what I can do with the script you got, I think I can make that work. I'll report back.
thanks. This will work, is there any way to get the spl after the script? Wouldn't have the be the same as the picture, it could be a continuation of the same script?
mattb
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:18 pm

I can copy and paste this to Word which will let me size it correctly, but I can't seem to change the print color, any suggestions? If I can print twice, once in each color then overlap slightly it will be similiar to the real car.

thanks
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:43 pm

I'll give it a go in the morning, I've been doing a lot of decal work getting our clubs cars ready for the Da Vols NASCAR proxy series, and have learned a few new techniques
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:06 am

How's this for you Matt...?

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:49 am

I think you need to condense the spacing between letters a little bit :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:20 am

Beast I think you nailed it and I should be able to download that to word, size it right and print a decal that lokks really nice. Any chance you can set me up with the number 56 in a similiar style?
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:33 am

Nice job!
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:51 am

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:14 am

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:48 am

Thanks so much, this is working out great. I can download to word, resize and print on decal paper. This will finish a really pretty Watson roadster paint scheme. 1960 was Hurtubise's first 500. Nobody has seen fit to do decals for it, which is surprising. Michael Portaro (Indycals) does so many nice sheets from that era that I'm surprised he hasn't had requests for this one a few times.

I do appreciate it and will pm you for a little payback!!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:08 am

The guys I race on the commercial track with like the old Indy cars. It takes us back to what we remember as the glory days of the 500. Plus we were all old enough to set around radios and listen to those races in the early 60's. Only one of the guys in my group has a history with slot racing, when he was 14 years old or so, 50 years ago. The other guys are some of our "hot rodding" friends that we have introduced to slot racing. We have a group of 6-8 that "play" most of the time. The older new guys have no building skills, so me and another guy build all the cars. that makes pretty even racing since we build and tune everything the same. Building the Indy cars and making the bodies leaves me wanting to build every beautiful old Roadster from 1950-1965!

Here are the cars I have built for myself. Now the Travel On Trailer special will be added to the list. I also have plans for a static, curbside model of The Bowes Seal Fast that Foyt won with 60/61, forget which year. I have made a promise to myself to stop these Indy builds when those two are done. Well I might modify a Strom Dirt Track car to more closely resemble the Kuzma Offy and also build a Belanger Special. I guess maybe I'll just keep on building Indy cars and forget the limit I put on myself.
Last edited by mattb on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Paint Booth