[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2016 24hr MI Porsche GT1 paint *WARNING* wear sunglasses

2016 24hr MI Porsche GT1 paint *WARNING* wear sunglasses

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

2016 24hr MI Porsche GT1 paint *WARNING* wear sunglasses

Postby Secret Squirrel » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:16 am

My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Can't touch this. HAMMER TIME!

Here is the painted body I am submitting for my team Cincy Slot Rods for the MI 24hr race this year. Last year I painted up the Mosler tribute to the Corvette GTP. We ultimately did not use that body because we did not want to take the mosler we agreed to use apart, but it still turned heads. If the same thing happens again this year, it will not bother me. I love painting these up.

This year I went with a Porsche GT1 painted in my old RC racing days colors except with a twist. I normally break the line between the black and yellow with silver but due to time constraints (started painted this WAY to late), I elected to forgo the silver. In the end I think it came out very well and I am very happy with the results.

porsche2.jpg

porsche1.jpg

porsche3.jpg
Secret Squirrel

Re: 2016 24hr MI Porsche GT1 paint *WARNING* wear sunglasses

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:01 am

Stunning car! Can't wait to see it in person.
Mark

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:20 am

Definitely an eye catcher. I don't think you'll need the 18 on the side to be able to tell which car is yours as it screams around the track. I have one of the Fly Glow In The Dark versions of this car. Yours may just glow in the dark too. What color? Custom mix?
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Secret Squirrel » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:47 am

I sprayed it with Parma Faskolor Florescent yellow (air brush). It won't glow, but still should be pretty visible with the little bit of lighting during the night stage if we race with this body. As for the numbers, they are needed by rule hehehe.
Secret Squirrel

Postby CrockettNZ » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:21 pm

I must say that looks stunning :clap:

with the 12hr endruo that is run here in NZ one of my club members that normally builds one of the cars
uses a white kit body and paints it with a very lite coat of yellow
the light kit leaks enough light into the inside of the car that allows it to glow a tiny bit which makes it easier to see the car during the night time section
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby noddaz » Sat May 14, 2016 6:14 pm

I like it!!!

You won't miss that one on a dark colored track....

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 14, 2016 6:30 pm

You did good. I have done that car several times, and I know what you were up against in painting it. There are compound curves on that thing that defy liberal coats. I know what you were up against on this bugger. That is a great job, and you should be proud of it. Just between us, I think it looks better without the silver. Excellent work!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Czar » Sat May 14, 2016 7:22 pm

I NEVER would have chosen that color for a car! But, WOW, it really pops. That is by far the coolest paint that I have ever seen on the EVO. Great work.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Paint Booth