[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Superbird repaint and Roadrunner conversion

Superbird repaint and Roadrunner conversion

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Superbird repaint and Roadrunner conversion

Postby Doubleshots » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Roger McCluskey Superbird and Roadrunner. Started with a couple of Carrera Superbirds. Wheel color may be too green. Front bumper and lights from Dave Reinecke. Decals from Slot Car Fever. I had a big, blank white space on the back of the Roadrunner so filled in with their decal. I got a little sloppy with the masking tape on the Roadrunner. One more Roadrunner still to do when I decide the livery.

Doubleshots

Re: Superbird repaint and Roadrunner conversion

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:53 pm

2 very nice looking cars :text-bravo:

a trick I use when doing a 2 tone paint job is before masking I lay a quick coat of clear over the car
then mask it up once dry
when it is masked up give the edges a very thin coat of the clear to seal the edges of the masking tape
then you can paint the second color in light coats
that should give you a much sharper line
and if you do still get a bit of bleeding you can sand that with very fine wet and dry
the coat of clear gives you a buffer layer so you are much less likely to sand any of the first color threw to the primer
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:59 pm

I'd say they came out looking pretty sweet!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Oh yes. Very nicely done. I like those decals. Much more accurate font style than mine.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Crockett the Kiwi-zee is right about the clearcoat protector for masking. I keep saying I'm going to do that from now on and I keep forgetting to do it. But he's right. Its the best way to insure success.

And Doubleshots! Those are great. The converted RR is impressive as heck. I have several projects planned for doing that, and I even found a kind soul to make the bits I needed to complete them, but I haven't done much of anything with them yet. If I can make something that doesn't look like crap beside yours, I'll be very happy.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Doubleshots » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Doubleshots

Return to The Paint Booth