[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Anyone ever try to spray future?

Anyone ever try to spray future?

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Anyone ever try to spray future?

Postby Frydaddy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Just curious to see if anyone has tried to spray future with an airbrush?
I have an airbrush for water based paints and the viscosity is pretty close.
I brushed this on and am soooo surprised how it flows out, not sure it would be better sprayed?

On a side note, this is the first time I have used future for anything! Harry gave me a few tips the other night and so far all 3 are spot on great tips and time savers :D
Frydaddy

Re: Anyone ever try to spray future?

Postby 4424ever » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:14 pm

I spray it all the time, no fuss no muss straight from the bottle to the airbrush and easy cleanup!
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Frydaddy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:16 pm

That's the first thought as soon as I opened the bottle! Thanks
Frydaddy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:08 pm

I'll second that. Airbrushing Future is a no-brainer.

It is very important to clean the air brush thoroughly.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:31 am

I used to spray it from my Testors Aztec brush all the time for 1/72 scale airplanes and works great out of the bottle.

I would not dump it on, but several light coats back to back and your good.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubleshots » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 am

Doubleshots

Postby RazorJon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:47 am

I just pour it over the car and dump the unused portion back in the bottle, some will say that this will turn the future in the bottle cloudy but the jug I have is at least 4 years old and has done many, many cars and still clear.

Many ways to swing a cat

looks good Jeff
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:59 am

The Curly's Garage version (very short)

When applying decals, do not dunk them in water.

Use a small plate with a paper towel. Use enough water to soak paper towel. Place decals on wet paper towel and wait for them to absorb enough to begin to slide.

Use a little water on the area for the decal. I just use my finger and moisten the area.

Slide decal from paper onto desired area.

Using your finger, start at the center of the decal and use a rolling motion toward outer edges. You are pushing out the excess water/air.

Decals have adhesive to them. Dunking them in water usually leads to most, if not all of the adhesive to be washed away.

You do need to let the decals dry. It takes time. I usually wait an hour or so.

I use a brush for Future. Use a very light coat over the decal edges. Let dry 20 mins.

Now brush your first coat. Always apply in a warm area. Room temp or above. Future flows and settles much smoother in this environment. Too cold a work space and it can sometimes not dry properly.

Use a paper towel and dab around the bottom edges of the model to absorb heavy drips. It's going to drip, so this step is important.

Hope this helps.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:27 am

It does depend on the paint used Mr. Johhny sir :) And there are 2 steps depending on paint.

Color (wet) sanding the paint works if it is a solid based color (no metal flake). You can color (wet) sand solid base colors and apply Future over it and it will shine nicely.

Wet sanding metal flake based paints will dull the area too much with metal flake.

If you wet sand ANY paint, you will dull it. If you have a decal that has a lot of base color showing through, once you apply the decal, the dull surface will now show that way.

So after wet sanding, brush some Future over the areas where the decals will go and allow to dry. Now you have a smooth and glossy area for the decals to rest upon and they will look much better.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Doubleshots » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Harry,

I printed that out for my next decal attempt.

Thanks!

Vince
Doubleshots

Return to The Paint Booth