SCX Glassworks

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

SCX Glassworks

Postby spaceshoes » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm looking to get 4 identical cars for IROC races. I'll be painting all four cars. I had found some of the Scaley Resistant GT cars. After some more looking around, I found some SCX R8 and R10s. I always liked the look of those cars. My question is, are the SCX R8 Glasswork cars easy to paint? Trying to decide between the Glasswork SCX PRO cars or some regular SCX R10 cars and stripping and painting those. Any feedback on what would be easier?
spaceshoes

Re: SCX Glassworks

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:57 am

Treat the glassworks cars as you would any other 1/32 slot car that you would paint. Don't try to paint it from the inside, it won't look as good.
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosewheel » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:29 am

The glass work bodies paint about the same, but I think the plastic is brittle, therefore not as sturdy as regular bodies.
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby spaceshoes » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Since I'm getting 4, I think I'll just stick with the regular ones since I have experience with those. The PRO would probably be a little overkill for the size track I'll be making. Also, though I like the R8, I'd have to give the nod to the R10, plus the spoiler looks like it would be more solid.
spaceshoes

Return to The Paint Booth