[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A couple of repaints

A couple of repaints

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

A couple of repaints

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Last edited by Dangermouse on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: A couple of repaints

Postby chappy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Sheesh I cant find the like button again.
Great job again David.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Man, I love that Audi!

By the way, we in the Deep South also use the term "reivers". For us it means "thief", as mentioned in the William Faulkner short story, "The Reivers" (The Yellow Winton Flyer). Not a very kind evolution of the term from the Border Country in England/Scotland. But a great many people from England and Scotland settled in the Deep South, including Oglethorpe's convicts from the debtors' prisons in England who settled Georgia the same way so many convicts settled the wild country of NSW in Australia. Anyway, there's a copy of the Reiver Horse statue in Georgia to this day. (this is what happens when you spend most of your life trying to learn everything- I can't resist international connections of history!)
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Love them both but I'll bet Bobby Rahal would be surprised he had an Audi! :text-bravo:

Waytoo, I fall into the same category with the history thing "hey did you know....?" My stepson/DIL/Grandkids live 20 minute from Warm Springs and didn't know the historical significance.....when I told them, the DIL responded "So what?" :scared-eek:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Those are some impressive reliveries - especially considering you made your own decals!
WOW!!!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Those really turned out very well! Impressed on both for sure!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Love the home-made decals. Inkjet or not? That's something I have always wanted, but have never developed the skill to do. You have my admiration for certain.
And yes......I like the old Apple livery.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:13 am

Chappyman

Inkjet printer - buy yourself some inkjet decal paper (or laser if you have a colour laser) surf the net for the graphics you need and then drop the photos into a drawing program or I use Microsoft Word - you can resize them to suit. I print on best photo glossy paper - because the inkjet isn't water fast I let them dry overnight then coat with clear coat and once dry apply. You can do it :)

The Porsche is cooler than the Audi but the Audi looks a lot better than it did....

I also have the 935 Apple Porsche done by Fly - one of the first Fly cars I bought - I am an Apple fan :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:43 am

Very nice job on both cars!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:04 am

Hahaaaaa, they look great. I also make my own decals with inkjet printer. The only thing to keep in mind is if you do spray a clear coat on it, that the paint is not to hot that it melts the ink on the decals.

Great job keep it up.

Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Good point Gavin I use a gloss acrylic from the craft shop - though I have used Tamiya TS-13 once or twice
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby miveson » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Sweet looking repaints there.

Love the ProSlot GT2 - been looking for one of those for quite some time. I did find 2 in Italy for 30E for the pair but shipping was 50E :)
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:03 am

both are killer but I favor the Audi.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Paint Booth