[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I need paint removal help

I need paint removal help

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Re: I need paint removal help

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm

youll be shocked at the brake fluid method. it works so well youll wonder why you try anything else. but you have to let it sit at least overnight. find a cheap bowl or something with a lid that the car will fit in. submerge it and walk away. when it done ... be sure to clean it real well with dish detergent. i actually let it sit again overnite in a bucket of soapy dish detergent water.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 am

What now paint! See ya later. The dot 3 did the trick. Most of it was off in a couple hours. The spots that ran took a little more muscle. Thanks all for the tips. It's soaking in a soapy bath now. I hope to have it washed tonight and try again tomorrow. :pray:

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scuderia-del-teschio aka » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 am

I use an soda based oven cleaner spray can even for decroming parts
scuderia-del-teschio aka

Postby smallblockhero » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 pm

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:56 am

Well, as usual, I can't wait to finish. Her she is. More photos of my customs here http://www.cincyslots.com/X124_custom_carrera_cars.htm

Bruce

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:07 am

That there's a purdy car. I'm "ooo-ing" and "ahhh-ing" like I'm looking at a fireworks display. Carrera should take note of this as it's a very popular livery and you did a heckuva job!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:34 am

oops, i posted this in the wrong spot! :doh:

thanks for the nice comments.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bamdogg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Trying the brake fluid method today on one of my Carrera COTs from a few years back. Poured everything in and.........Everything is covered except the roof, arrrggghhh!!! Kinda swooshed it all around to get onto the roof and I can see the roof starting to work already, so hopefully it works. If this works, I'm going to do this to my other 3 COTs and get some start and park liveries on them ASAP!!!
bamdogg

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Reviving this one reminds me that I never got back to everyone about the Blue stuff recommended earlier by someone. I received it right away, no problems, and it is amazing stuff. Like I say, I'll keep it as a sort of trump card for when the alcohol doesn't get it done, but I tried just a little and it is as advertised.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bamdogg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Well, slight problem, had two cars in my dip tank, had them in there for about 6 hours. Went to take them out and both of the bodies were supper brittle and had cracks on the back of it :evil:

Back to the drawing board I suppose.
bamdogg

Postby bamdogg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Update: Turns out my grossly overweight cat decided to step onto the box, pushing the top hard onto the cars and crushing them. He is really fat mind you.....really fat. On a good note, I got pretty much all of the decals off.

How do I know? Cause I had a water bottle on the other side of the table that got knocked over and there were cat paw prints leading away from the scene of the crime. I will now shave him bald. :D
bamdogg

Previous

Return to The Paint Booth