[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Don't tell Capt. Carrera.....Updated

Don't tell Capt. Carrera.....Updated

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Don't tell Capt. Carrera.....Updated

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:59 am

I stripped this down last night to start on a custom since for the time being everyone will be in a Gulf or Austria 917K. I have to give Carrera credit and more credit. First, the paint is thick!!! I peeled off like the rubber top layer of old pudding. I would imagine that this will stand tall against the pesky gaurdrail rubs. Normally in a 91% alky bath I can brush off the paint in 45 mins. The paint did peel off easily but the decaled pieces were a little tougher and required a finger nail to break it up a bit. So I really have to hand it to them, the paint work on all of their cars are great but the last GT3 and this seem to really stand out to me.

Bruce

Last edited by Cincyslots on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Don't tell Capt. Carrera.....

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:11 am

Well that is one accurate way to find out how tough the paint is. Thanks for the report.

You are quite the painter....can't wait to see this one.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 am

It's all decaled and ready for clear. I came down with a sinus infection so needless to say I don't feel much like working on it. As long as the decals live through the clear coat, it should look pretty sweet.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:27 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 am

Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Looking good. Can't wait to see it all done.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:07 am

like a band-aid....just rip it off! I did say to myself, What are you doing? :roll: Oh well, I like it so far. I have 1 coat of clear and it looks like the decals made it through round one. :dance: I don't want to post any photos until it's totally finished which may be next week. the Krylon clear takes a LONG time to cure.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Bruce,

It's almost like you're working on a new joke . . . . .

How do you keep a slot racer in suspense?

Know what I mean, Vern?

:clap:
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:43 pm

yep, i know what you mean. ;)
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Don't tell Capt. Carrera.....Updated

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 am

OK, I couldn't hold out anymore. I have 3 coats of clear and no decal lifting. I added a couple photos of a Vette that I'm also working on. Keep in mind they're not finshed and the chassis have yet to be finished. Here you go!

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:21 am

Wow, that is great work. Congrats, you did it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:27 am

Not bad for a rattle can! It's hard to see but I added 2 special decals to the side of the Piper car.

thanks,
bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:41 am

:banana-rock: Bruce, looks awesome. Where are you getting your decals?
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:43 am

The TNT came from Norway. He mage my custom decals and they are fantastic!!! I can get you his contact info if needed. The Gunston came from Pattos.

thanks
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 am

Bruce,

I really like the 917. Looks awesome! Great job!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Next

Return to The Paint Booth