[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Molotow Chrome Marker Pens!

Molotow Chrome Marker Pens!

Custom Paint Job Showcase
From Decals To Painting Techniques - We Have You Covered!

Re: Molotow Chrome Marker Pens!

Postby MoparGreg » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 pm

My set of markers came in on Friday in the end. I had a play with them & in my opinion they live up to the hype. I've never been able to replicate chrome like this at home, ever! I was hoping the 1mm would be a bit finer for small detail work, but it is pretty good. The flow of the chrome out of the pen is controllable which is great. It doesn't pour out all fast unless you keep pressing the tip down. I'll use the markers for fine detail work as well as large bumpers & things that are not chrome plated. Ill be staying with Bare Metal Foil for window trim & side markings though as you won't ever get as crisp lines as the foil.

I'll take a photo later showing my results. They are super! In my opinion the 1mm marker is about perfect for 1/32 use. The 4mm is giant! So if you want to give one a try, you can't go past the 1mm.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AllanI » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:22 am

[quote="MoparGreg"] Markers & Pens in the U.K.
quote]
Can you post the full address please? A search for Markers and Pens comes up with all sorts of random stuff!
AllanI

Postby MoparGreg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 pm

MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Hey...you might want to check out your local Hobby Lobby cause they have their Molotow paint markers on clearance...not a big selection but did grab a couple that were left!! Also looks as though the AMT 1/32 '65 Mustang is a stocked item now... bought one last week and they restocked it...JFYI!!

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Sat May 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi guys, has anyone found any more clear coats that do not dull the finish of the Molotow chrome ?
So far I have heard that "Future" acrylic [forgot the new name] ,and someone had posted that Ace brand clear enamel seemed to work .
Any others so far ?
Or more feedback on these 2 ?
Thanks,
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat May 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Using Future (Pledge Floor Shine) and works fine. Have not used any other clear coat for years, so others can chime in on that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 am

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby 32lbking » Mon May 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Thanks for the updates guys. That's interesting on the acrylic for leather. It's pretty low cost too.
You never know what will work for something.
Harry, I assume you handle your cars a lot. That trim probably gets touched quite a bit. Does the pledge floor shine seem to wear off from body oils ?
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Sure it will wear off over time. But it seals the decals and gives a decent shine at the start. I also buff the Future with car wax as a final.

But yes, over time and close combat, it does wear away. I like the battle scars, so when I clean them up, I just buff out with more car polish and call it good.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon May 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Yeah, I kind of like my battle scars, too. I built the car my team used for an Enduro a few years back (a Scaley '69 Camaro), and when I brought it home, it had no bumpers, or mirrors, and the front was full of cuts and chips. The roof was scratched badly, and the spoiler as well as the rear end were clobbered. I wouldn't change a thing. I shine it up a bit with the McGuire's spray stuff that Harry recommended and put it in a place of honor. I barely resisted making a plaque that said "Crusader's Wounds", but got embarrassed.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon May 22, 2017 6:52 pm

WOW Mark! Thank you for sharing those pictures - that is IMPRESSIVE!
Looks like I need to find a "refill" to try running some of that through the air brush!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon May 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Mark, are you saying somebody opened the pen and got the liquid out and used it through an airbrush?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue May 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue May 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Aw man. That is gonna be a huge change in the slot car world.

I discovered today that the chrome pen works especially well over black, just like the stuff I used to use. I can't remember the name right now, but "over black" was in the instructions.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappy » Wed May 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Yes i already got the refil from Amazon , should be great in the airbrush.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to The Paint Booth