[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Chassis building on a honeycomb ceramic plate.

Chassis building on a honeycomb ceramic plate.

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Chassis building on a honeycomb ceramic plate.

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:19 pm

I'm missing my Friend Keith on this post right now. Check with Slot Car Corner, they will have the board and pins for you.
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:54 pm

I will also say that it is a good write up, planing on building a few scratch built dragsters chassis, they are from DRS , those are part spring steel but the frames will be brass tubing, my plan is to use small size square tube for the rails, and fit one inside the other to strengthen it a little, and also be able to have a different wheel base if needed. Just a thought, not sure if it will work, it works in my head but so did a lot of other ideas.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:57 pm

I got my board from Wal-Mart, but I do know that SCC has the same board for less. Should have looked at SCC first, would have rather given my money to sloters then Wal-Mart.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:51 pm

Its crazy how much we all miss Keith. What an amazing guy. I do miss him, even though we never met in person. Once in a while, the internet brings people together in profound ways. A couple of other guys made a lasting impression that connected in a lasting way. RIP Pete, and so many others with Keith. Promise me when I croak people will miss me a little... naaah, being able to remember The Platters isn't enough to be memorable!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fathead59 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Check Slot Car Corner for your board, they have the pins also, one stop shopping at its finest
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:37 pm

And the board is cheaper at SCC
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:33 pm

I am not sure if this would be the right forum for this question but I am going to try anyway. Planning on building a couple of drag chassis with brass tubing, both round and square, my question is this. Has anyone thought of telescoping the brass tube, as in , one smaller size inside of a slightly bigger size, as in to strengthen the frame, also to be able to have any wheel base you want, if I am the first to bring this up feel free to use it, I am only asking if it has been done before. If it has I could use some tips, if not will gladly tell everyone how it went.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:05 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:07 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Just a quick question on knurled axles , can't you use emery cloth and sand it smooth, just a thought, had to do that to brass rods that I cut down for 1/24 scale cars to fit H & R wheels , like I said , just a thought
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:46 pm

And , thank you TuscoTodd , it was an idea that I had , and wasn't sure if it was the right way to go or not , glad someone had thought of it before.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop