[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1957 FOMOCO ignores AMA & enters Sebring/LeMans (Battlebird)

1957 FOMOCO ignores AMA & enters Sebring/LeMans (Battlebird)

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

1957 FOMOCO ignores AMA & enters Sebring/LeMans (Battlebird)

Postby TsgtRet » Mon May 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Last edited by TsgtRet on Mon May 27, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1957 FOMOCO ignores AMA and enters Sebring/LeMans

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Wow, what a great finish. Very cool all around, from the back drop to the model.

Well done!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: 1957 FOMOCO ignores AMA & enters Sebring/LeMans (Battleb

Postby dge467 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Great looking slot car! Nice work!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby cagee13 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:59 pm

Very nice and the pics are much better than what I can get done.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 am

Cool! I like it very much. Looks fast just sitting still. 8-)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby dreinecke » Tue May 28, 2013 7:29 am

Great looking 'Bird! I too like the backdrop!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ElSecundo » Tue May 28, 2013 9:08 am

Super cool! Really has that late 1950s Le Mans 'feel' to it. Great concept. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby DHansen » Tue May 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Realy nice build. I've allways loved those early T-Birds in racing trim.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 pm

I couldn't take pics as I was driving, but Saturday there was a string of old T-Birds on the highway. I'm assuming a club somewhere with a show to go to. VERY nice all-black '57 with some gorgeous wheels on it.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby racer6583 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:04 pm

That turned out very nice love the original concept of the bird going to le mans that would of been nice seeing that the two races that the birds where in one finished second to then road racer Carrol Shelby in a 4.9 liter Ferrari which makes me think that you have to different ideas of suspension so set up would be on the opposite ends and yet the race was good and close for both cars.

So I'd say your battlebird is a winner in my book.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Awesome looking T-Bird!

Thank you for the inspiration!

Here is mine currently.

I radiused out the rear wheel openings and that is about it so far....

My daughters want me to leave it pink for them to drive but I have other ideas for it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only time will tell.

I will post pics as the build moves along....

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:36 pm

That came out great, really love the look and what you did to this car nice job!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:36 am

Thanks gang, I've wanted to do this one for a while and was pleased with the outcome. Now I'm thinking I'll do up my Carrera 56 Bird as a team car.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jmsh54 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 am

Greetings, very nice looking bird. Thank you for posting it up as I had been looking for one myself. Just put in an order for one. Great looking track too. Regards, John
jmsh54

Postby HRWJim » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:41 am

I like it , looks great. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop