[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - First resin pour for 1/32 NASCAR Regal/ silicone mold

First resin pour for 1/32 NASCAR Regal/ silicone mold

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

First resin pour for 1/32 NASCAR Regal/ silicone mold

Postby interst8er » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:29 pm

First resin pour for 1/32 NASCAR Regal. More to come.

Before and after work the 1/32 kit body just before molding.

interst8er

Re: First resin pour for 1/32 NASCAR Regal/ silicone mold

Postby frank9129 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Nice job. Give us some details as to what you used, and how you did it.
Thanks for sharing.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Very nice work!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Pretty nice, cool project.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby interst8er » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks guys.

I poured a few more today. There were 2 rejects.

interst8er

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 pm

That looks like a scale Harry Gant from Martinsville.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby interst8er » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:24 pm

The next thing I gotta do is decide on a way to reproduce the glass accurately. I'm thinking of doing vacu-form front and rear glass.
interst8er

Postby RazorJon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 am

Thats pretty cool, I would use that bad one for a crash seen on my track
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby VenturaAlfa » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:20 pm

It really does look great :D

and I'll echo Bibster: where do we sign up to get one or more?

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:43 pm

i have a green harry gant hat, and it's so old that looks eactly like that smooshed car!
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby interst8er » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi guys thanks for the positive feedback. Well... the parts I'm popping out are great but Ive noticed there are 3 flaws that need to be sanded out. In the hood, roof, and the drivers fender. Also the material in the roof seems to thin to sustain a lot of crashes.

Id like to get them out to you guys but...

I'm thinking of redoing the upper half of the mold in order to reduce the time for everybody to prepare the body for racing/display. However most any modeler with some 800grit/wet and a small rubber block should be able to remove the flaws pretty quick. I can fix the roof thickness by just adding some resin material (which I'll do to the ones that are already poured). Also I haven't had time to set up my process for mass producing the front and rear glass. If any body is just has to have one let me know but the glass wont be ready yet. $15 plus shipping and I only have 5 right now. I do these on my lunch break at work. LOL!

Roof flaw

Fender flaw

Hood flaw

interst8er

Postby choc-ice » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 pm

choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop